Roots N' Bluegrass Festival — SturbridgeFest
Photos courtesy of Full House Promotions & Tour Mgmt.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United States — Massachusetts|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Sturbridge, Massachusetts, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
The Sturbridge Tourist Association presents the Roots N’ Bluegrass Festival at the Sturbridge Town Common. The family friendly Roots N’ Bluegrass Festival will also feature a Kid Zone including face painting, magicians, and games as well as a variety of food vendors with barbecue, Italian, grilled options, brick oven pizza and coffee and desserts. Merchants with wares ranging from adult and kids clothing to jewelry, artwork and glassware will be on hand for festival shopping.
|Festival Dates||September 14, 2013|
- Tony Trischka, 7:00-8:30pm
With over thirty albums to his credit, Tony Trischka has been dubbed “the godfather of …new acoustic music,” by the New York Times and has appeared on The Ellen Show, Late Night with David Letterman, Live with Regis and Kelly, and National Public Radio. His Grammy-nominated album, Double Banjo Bluegrass Spectacular features Steve Martin, Bela Fleck and Earl Scruggs. Also among his credits is the soundtrack to Driving Miss Daisy.
- Les Sampou, 5:45-6:45pm
Les Sampou writes and sings Americana music with twang and blues. Her latest CD, Lonesomeville was named Album of the Year by John Conquest of 3rd Coast Music magazine in Austin, TX and among Steve Morse’s (Boston Globe, Rolling Stone) Top Ten of the Year. Les has shared the stage with Aretha Franklin, Sugarland, Robert Cray, Marty Stuart and others. http://www.lessampou.com/home.cfm
- Blackstone Valley Bluegrass Band, 4:45-5:30pm
With genuine, joyful exuberance, and virtuoso music chops, Blackstone Valley Bluegrass garners new fans wherever they go. Worcester Telegram described their album, Debut as “an acoustic stunner bursting with fast-flying notes and sturdy vocal harmonies.”
- Hot Tamale Brass Band, 3:30-4:30pm
A favorite of the Boston Red Sox, the Hot Tamale Brass Band is a Dixieland band and a funky New Orleans brass band all rolled into one. They are a yearly feature at the renowned Rhythm & Roots Festival every Labor Day weekend in Rhode Island.
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
- Sturbridge Town Common
- 278 Main St (Rt 131)
- 278 Main St (Rt 131)
- Information: +01 774-696-0903
- 2:00pm - 8:30pm
- Free admission
- Located in central Massachusetts in Worcester County where I-90 and I-84 meet, Sturbridge is just an hour’s drive each from Boston, Providence and Hartford and 90 minutes from Brattleboro. Home to Old Sturbridge Village, the largest outdoor history museum in the Northeast, the town also boasts rivers and lakes, campgrounds, state parks, and side roads that lead to farms and beautiful New England vistas. More information about Sturbridge can be found at http://www.visitsturbridge.org.