International Festival of Amateur Theatres “Mandrivnyi Vishak” (Міжнародний фестиваль аматорських театрів "Мандрівний вішак")
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Ukraine — Volyn|
|Type of Festival||Drama|
|Location of Festival||Lutsk, Volyn oblast, Ukraine|
|Festival Contact Information|
Mrs. Ruslana Poryts’ka
The amateur theater festival invites theaters from Ukraine and abroad to apply to participate in the annual competitive festival. The english translation of the title is “Wandering Hanger”. The aim of the festival is in searching and using new, modern and creative forms of dramatic art presentation. The main motto of the event is “Theatre outside the theatre.” The objectives include: the presentation of artistic, cultural and tourist potential of Lutsk; support amateur theatre movement in Lutsk and in Ukraine, to encourage young artists to create new performances and theatrical experiments; present new and modern forms of theatre for the audience; establish closer cultural and tourist relations between countries by involving theatres from abroad to the festival.
|Festival Dates||September 27 - 29, 2013|
Ukrainian and foreign amateur theatres who accept the conditions of the festival are invited to participate in the Festival. Selection of participants of the festival will take place on a competitive base. The Number of groups that take part in the festival are 6 groups performing a play each (Running time − 60-90 minutes). Theatre-studio “GaRmYdEr” will perform at the festival out of the competition and will present seventh play. Participating groups will be selected on the basis of applications, full video presentation (preferably long shot and filmed on one camera) and other necessary information that may be found on the festival’s web site.
The decision of group’s participation will be accepted by the competitive and organizing committee. All groups that have applied will be informed about the results of the selection. The selection criteria of festival participants: artistic level of a performance and the creative approach to performing on the suggested stage ground.
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
Important daes 2013:
- March 18, 2013
- Start point for application forms receiving.
- June 30, 2013
- Deadline for receiving application forms.
- July 8, 2013
- Informing applicant’s about selection results.
- September 2, 2013
- Publication of the approved program of performances.
- September 27-29, 2013
- The Festival Days, and the announcement of the winners.
- Grand jury will select winners in the following categories:
- Best Directing
- Best Actress
- Best Actor
- Best Supporting Actress
- Best Supporting Actor
- Best adaptation to the stage ground
- Note — The jury has the right to add additional or cancel some nominations after watching the performances. The organizers reserve the right to add special prizes. All participants will be awarded with diplomas and gifts.