Clemson Blues Festival
|Country and Region||United States — South Carolina|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Clemson, South Carolina, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
Our goals are to preserve our local musical history, promote business helping business in the Clemson area, support local charities and make sure future generations understand and enjoy America’s unique brand of music–the Blues. We also want to have fun while doing it!
The inspiration for the Clemson Blues Festival comes from Littlejohn’s Grill, an African American nightclub that once brought LIVE music to Clemson. Located along a music corridor known as the chitlin’ circuit, the Grill hosted scores of major Blues, R&B; and Jazz musicians.
|Festival Dates||April 18 - 21, 2013|
- During 2013 the Festival will feature musicians who play the harmonica; or harp, Mississippi saxophone, mouth organ, harpoon, tin sandwich and Sidewalk Stradivarius to recall a few of the alternate names for one of our favorite Blues instruments. Come prepared to enjoy a wide variety of harp-driven blues from Delta to our local Piedmont sound.
- Tentative schedule of events (can change):
- THURSDAY, APRIL 18: VIP RECEPTION Jimi Lee from Austin, TX will perform at the RED MINNOW DINNER CLUB in Central FROM 7:00 until 9:00 pm. Jimi is one of Austin’s premier performers. Check him out at www.JimiLeeBand.com and appreciate the range and talent of this Texas musician. As a special bonus Jimi will offer a “performer’s clinic” for aspiring musicians and those who want to learn more about Blues music while he is in town. Take a look at our “Coupon page” and the “Events” page for details. ADMISSION TO THE VIP RECEPTION IS $50 PER PERSON, WHICH INCLUDES HEAVY HORS D’OEUVRES, BEER &WINE; AND ENTERTAINMENT. CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to purchase tickets - NOW ON SALE-. MAJOR CONTRIBUTORS WILL RECEIVE COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS WITH THEIR FESTIVAL PACKAGE.
- FRIDAY, APRIL 19: RED MINNOW DINNER CLUB is proud to bring back one of the Festival’s most popular performers, and area residents, Mac Arnold and Plate Full O’Blues. To those who do not know, Mac performed with Muddy Waters and many Blues greats over the years. He appeared with his friend Don Cornelius on the TV show SOUL TRAIN and worked with many stars in the L A scene. Mac brings his super-charged show and gas can guitar to one of the area’s premiere clubs. Don’t miss this one! NO COVER CHARGE! Joey says come hungry and thirsty….
- SATURDAY, APRIL 20 MAIN EVENT: PATRICK SQUARE WITH BANDS, FOOD, DRINK AND ENTERTAINMENT Event begins at 11:00 am and runs until 7:00 pm. As of now we have signed The Blues Doctors w/Adam Gussow, Robbie Ducey Band, Rob Cassels Band, Cold Bluesion, True Blues, Ceasar, MILL BILLY BLUES w/Freddie Vanderford and The Tony Tidwell Band. We are in negotiations with several other talents to be announced soon. The cost is $10.00 per car, truck or motorcycle load, so load-up those vehicles and bring them to the Festival. The proceeds will help support our charitable component the Clemson Sertoma Club and for start-up of the 2014 Festival. There will be tables and seating for about 400 under a large tent. We encourage everyone to consider bringing folding chairs and/or blankets to sit on to enjoy the music. FOLLOWED BY BLUES AT THE UNIVERSITY INN - intersection of SC 76 and US 123 in Clemson - TRUE BLUES AND CEASAR WILL PERFORM ALONG WITH OTHER BANDS TO BE ANNOUNCED. Come ready to dance and enjoy Ceasar’s tribute to James Brown. Admission $5 per person. Food and drink will be for sale.
- SUNDAY, APRIL 21 - GOSPEL SUNDAY AFTERNOON AT CLEMSON UNITED METHODIST CHURCH 1:00 until 5:00 pm featuring local gospel choirs singing the old time religion so closely associated with the BLUES. Last year this event was one of the highlights of the Festival. The event is FREE to attend. Food will be sold by the plate benefiting the CLEMSON AFRICAN AMERICAN MUSEUM. We do ask you support the Museum by purchasing a plate or by making a donation. We thank you! FEATURED CHOIRS: UNITED HOUSE OF PRAYER BAND, NEW HOLLY LIGHT BAPTIST CHURCH CHOIR, NEW HARMONY CHOIR, CLEMSON UNIVERSITY GOSPEL CHOIR and SPECIAL GUEST ROOSEVELT AIKEN
- ADAM GUSSOW AND JIMI LEE TO TEACH THE BLUES DURING FESTIVAL
- The Clemson Blues Festival is proud to announce Adam Gussow and Jimi Lee will provide harmonica (harp) instruction for beginner and aspiring harp players during the Festival. Plans are still being formulated, but as of now Friday, April 19 from 1:00 to 3:00 pm is the clinic with Jimi and Saturday, April 20 beginning at 9:30 am looks like the time frame for Adam Gussow. The cost is $20 per person for the instruction.
- For additional information or to register contact
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811