Tramore Ska Festival
Images courtesy of Tramore Ska Festival
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Ireland — Waterford|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Tramore, Waterford, Ireland|
|Festival Contact Information|
Online contact form:
Ska lovers and surfers are in for a treat! To the great delight of Ska and Reggae lovers, plans are in place for Ireland’s annual Ska festival. The three-day international ‘SkaFest’ takes place in the picturesque sunny south-east seaside village of Tramore in Co. Waterford. The venue is renowned for its long unspoilt sandy coast line, sea sports, amusement park and fairground. Hence the town is eagerly anticipating the arrival of hordes of Ska addicts and surfers to its shores over the Easter weekend.
Another welcome feature of this festival is the hosting of a wide range of Ska-related musical events across a range of the town’s hostelries, So all roads lead to Tramore, Co. Waterford for some serious Ska stompin’ next March.
|Festival Dates||March 29 - 31, 2013|
- Friday, March 29
- 2-Tone legends The Beat – led by Ranking Roger – will light the fuse with their catalogue of hit tunes: ‘Mirror in the Bathroom’, ‘Too Nice To Talk To’, ‘Can’t Get Used To Losing You’, ‘Hands off She’s Mine’ and ‘All Out To Get You’. The band’s formidable reputation precedes them and their dynamic live show ensures that the ‘massive’ will be out in force to show their support. Thereafter the festival is dominated by a host of indigenous talent, with the impressive 7-piece SKAZOO supporting the aforementioned ‘Beat’ on the festival’s opening night.
- Saturday, March 30
- The Bionic Rats lead the Saturday night charge – as they continue to promote their new and well received album ‘Should Be Seen And Not Heard’ – with the lively Jackmans in support. The Saturday night-Sunday morning slot is taken by the longstanding 7 Deadly Skins, who will strut their wares with a lively combo of ska and reggae sounds, serving to emphasise their well deserved ‘deadly by name, deadly by nature’ reputation.
- Sunday, March 31
- Those surviving until the festival’s closing night will be treated to the best of old school ska with magnificent SKAZZ. This combo promises to have the surfers and sea lions stomping with their up tempo SkaReggae sound, criss-crossed with pop, latin and blues influences. Their arrival is eagerly anticipated, as is that of the experienced and multi-talented 9 piece ‘Little Beauties’.
- Weekend programming
- Another welcome feature of this festival is the hosting of a wide range of Ska-related musical events across a range of the town’s hostelries,there is a pub trail running over the weekend too with gigs in Murphs with Synergy on sunday, dj mado and dj del bionic in the seahorse and the St Ledger on Saturday and Sunday with a ska jam all star gig in Alfies see the facebook or .com for times and details.
- The Beat
- The Little Beauties
- The Bionic Rats
- The Jackmans
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811