Photo of Steptext Dance Project
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Germany — Hessen|
|Type of Festival||Dance, Drama, Music|
|Location of Festival||Kassel, Hessen, Germany|
|Festival Contact Information|
The festival offers a range of programming for the entire family. In addition to street performers there is dance, music, theatre, food, children’s entertainment and more.
|Festival Dates||December 11, 2012 - January 10, 2013|
Artist feature 2013:
- Steptext Dance Project (Germany)
January 6, 2013, at 7:30pm
HOMESCAPES / THE HOUSE THAT NEVER WALKED, choreographed by the Bremen-based Austrian Helge Letonja and the Kenyan Opiyo Okach, who works in France. For the first time on January 6th at Staatstheater Kassel our nine brilliant dancers from Senegal, Albania, Togo,Spain, Australia, Côte d’Ivoire, Burkina Faso, and Taiwan will present the two dance pieces, result of the intercultural exchange project HOME 52° 30’ N13° 23’ E ELEV 37 m, which opened a view to the question: What is “home”?
- THE HOUSE THAT NEVER WALKED, Opiyo Okach elucidates “home” as a social architecture. As an interactive structure of relationships to each other, to the environment and to objects. Nine dancer personalities give answers employing an inexhaustible variety of forms.
- Choreography THE HOUSE THAT NEVER WALKED: Opiyo Okach I Choreography HOMESCAPES: Helge Letonja l Dance: Kossi Sébastien Aholou-Wokawui, Blenard Azizaj, Robert Bell, Ibrahima Biaye, Ida Biemoubon Faho, Kokou Gbakenou (Patrick Al’nuzan), Virginia Gimeno Folgado, I-Fen Lin, Serge Nekpe l Composition: Michaël Grebil l Dramaturgy: Anke Euler l Costumes: Uta Heiseke l Light: Laurent Schneegans, Frauke Richter I Stage: Helge Letonja, Opiyo Okach, Christoph Härtel | Technical director: Christoph Härtel l Production assistants: Augusto Jaramillo Pineda, Simone Weber. Overall project HOME 52° 30’ N 13° 23’ E ELEV 37 m: Artistic director: Helge Letonja l Artistic partners: Germaine Acogny, Ciré Beye, Bertrand Saki Tchebe, Gilles Jobin l Production: steptext dance project incooperation with Jant-Bi / École des Sables (Toubab Dialaw, Senegal)
- Performance at Staatstheater Kassel, Friedrichsplatz 15, 34117 Kassel Tickets: by phone under 0561.1094-222, online at www.staatstheater-kassel.de, per mail under email@example.com Prices: €10 / €15 / €20 / €24
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811