Sunrise: Another World Festival
Photo credits: Nighttime in green, photo by Robin Markland; Tibetan prayer flags, photo by Steve Cole; Thai massage on the lawn, photo by Elne photography; and the strolling couple, photo by Mark Falmouth.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United Kingdom — England|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Bath, England, UK|
|Festival Contact Information|
Phone: +44 0845 009 4463
SUNRISE: ANOTHER WORLD — the exciting new incarnation from the producers of the Sunrise Celebration festivals — prepares to spring to life on a beautiful new woodland site near Bath and Frome from Thursday 30th May till Sunday 2nd June, with the launch of the revolutionary Sunrise Micronation!
After seven years, the Sunrise festival crew have decided it’s time for a change. The old Sunrise Celebration festival fittingly completed its cycle of life in 2012, marking the close of the earth’s existing cycle and the beginning of a new one. Many like to dream that the new era can be a golden dawn of peace, love and care of the earth — and rather than wait for governments to make this happen, Sunrise have decided to create their own Sunrise Micronation — a ready-made paradise on earth, where ethical principals dance hand in hand with the spirit of love, unity and celebration.
Sunrise: Another World Festival replaces the well established Sunrise Celebration that was considered the UK’s leading Sustainable Festival. For more information about this festival visit
|Festival Dates||May 30 - June 2, 2013|
“A Micronation, or model country, is an independent state, as yet unrecognised by world governments or major international organisations. Sunrise – the first ever festival Micronation - will represent the world we want to dream into being for a new era. Like all nations, the Sunrise Micronation has the right to issue passports, currency, honours and operate an embassy. Like other nations, we can and will produce our own bill of rights, the guiding principles of our free state. The Sunrise free nation will honour the ethos and principles of the festival, being committed to best environmental practice, to the free expression of creativity, to self-responsibility and non-violent communication, and to honouring our interdependence with each other and with all of life.”
In honour of the Sunrise rebirth, the new production crew are pulling together lots of exciting new content - including new venues, bigger and better line-up and plenty more wild, magical and adventurous pursuits to titillate your taste buds and enliven your imaginations to help the darker winter months roll faster by.
— Alex Lepingwell, a new director of SUNRISE: ANOTHER WORLD
- KRAFTY KUTS
- THE FREESTYLERS
- UTAH SAINTS (DEX N FX SHOW)
- DUB PISTOLS
- THE DROP
- THE BEAT
- THE MAD COWS
- GHETTO FUNK
- THE SKINTS
- ANDY SMITH
- TOO MANY T’S
- DANCEFLOOR OUTLAWS
- The DISABILISTS
- THE EGG
- FREE RANGE DJS
- JUSTIN HARRIS
- and many, many more…
New venue formats 2013:
- Main Stage
- Sunrise are thrilled to announce an exciting new format for the Main Stage, to be hosted each night by a renowned band or musical artist in an undercover 1500 capacity venue. Each night the host band will curate the evening’s music sharing their own material alongside their favourite musical artists including upcoming underground acts. Confirmed main stage hosts include the brilliant Dub Pistols (Saturday night) bringing a monster mash-up hip hop, dub, techno, ska & punk; The Beat will be hosting Rankin’ Roger’s Dub Reggae Party on the Sunday mixing up reggae, dub and ska acts chosen by Roger himself; and finally a Mystery Guest Curator is set to raise the roof on the Friday night- prepare to be blown away!
- Sunrise Pub
- The new 800 capacity venue will feature legendary DJs like Krafty Kuts (aka Martin Reeves) and the best in underground live-acts from the sub-cultural hubs of Bristol, Brighton, Bath and Frome, plus the hinterlands in-between. In addition to serving up the finest local and organic alcohol, the Sunrise Pub will host a sumptuous themed banquet on Saturday night in its intimate back room, featuring exclusive entertainment for diners, paving the way for a Sunday Roast gala, serenaded by sweet Sunday afternoon tunes.
- Beyond the Stars ‘Ghettofunk’ Nightclub
- This brilliant Nightclub is in a new larger venue with underground DJs and live acts; the new Sunrise Sounds Nightclub and Secret Cinema featuring comedy, performance and a wild miscellany of late night grooves; and the revamped, psychedelic Dance Temple splicing cutting edge psy-trance, electronica and chill. Tribe of Doris – the celebrated intercultural drumming, dance and song pioneers - will infuse a glorious mix of global sounds into the Micronation, bringing stunning live musical performances from Africa, Latin America and other parts of the globe and the chance to learn an eclectic range of indigenous drumming, dance and singing styles
- Forest of Story
- Another new element for 2013 is Forest of Story — a 3-acre environment taking full advantage of nature’s bounty with high-flying performance, storytelling, fire acts, kids’ activities, art trails and much more. Sunrise’s fabulous Kids Area returns with a feast of fun new activities, as does the super relaxing Serenity Field complete with Well-Being area and sauna. The Village Green once again brings an innovative forum for social and environmental education, and the Green Talks Dome will be variously hosted by pioneering UK organisations for sustainable living (details coming soon). The festival aims to be a greener than ever, with some dynamic new eco initiatives soon to be announced for 2013. Watch this space!
- On sale at £90 plus booking fee until the end of November 2012, then £95 plus booking fee until the end of December 2012. Thereafter, a limited number of tickets will be available at £105 if booked by Valentine’s Day (February 14, 2013) and then at £115 until May 15, 2013. Any remaining tickets will then be sold at the late-buyer price of £125 Child Tickets £25; Teens £75; Family Discounts available; Vehicle Tickets needed for parking.
- Tickets currently available via http://www.bristolticketshop.co.uk or by calling +44 0845 1080259
- Tickets go on sale with Access All Areas from start of December: http://www.accessallareas.org