Independent Bath Literature Festival
|Country and Region||United Kingdom — England|
|Type of Festival||Literary|
|Location of Festival||Bath, England, UK|
|Festival Contact Information|
The Bath Literature Festival feature a program of debate, readings, book signings and other events in a range of venues. Each year the theme-based diary of literary events also features scientists, economists, historians, journalists and performers.
|Festival Dates||February 28 - March 9, 2014|
Programming participants 2013:
- James Runcie’s fourth and final Independent Bath Literature Festival programme is brimming with some of the greatest names in contemporary fiction today:
- Double Man Booker Prize-winning novelist Hilary Mantel, will be talking about Bring up the Bodies, sequel to Wolf Hall in a rare public appearance.
- Storyteller extraordinaire J.K. Rowling will appear at Bath’s Forum to discuss her new novel for adults, The Casual Vacancy.
- The stellar line-up continues with P.D. James, Nadeem Aslam, Pat Barker, Jim Crace, Helen Dunmore, Tessa Hadley and Kate Mosse, as well as leading scientists, economists, historians, journalists and performers, including Kevin Fong, A.N. Wilson, Robert Fisk, Sandi Toksvig, Harriet Walter, Darcey Bussell, Gavin Esler, Will Gompertz, Polly Toynbee, Tracey Thorn and more.
- Note — Priority booking for friends of The Independent Bath Literature Festival starts on Tuesday, December 18, 2012.