Blenheim Palace Literary Festival
|Country and Region||United Kingdom — England|
|Type of Festival||Literary|
|Location of Festival||Woodstock, England, UK|
|Festival Contact Information|
The Blenheim Palace Literary Festival at Woodstock
Blenheim Palace Literary Festival at Woodstock is Britain’s best boutique festival that takes place in September. Events take place both in the magnificent palace and in the historic town of Woodstock. There is a great line-up of authors, speakers and public figures in the magnificent surroundings of Blenheim Palace. You can book tickets via our website at http://blenheimpalaceliteraryfestival.com/, at the Box Office on +44 01865 305305, and in person at either Oxford Playhouse or the Feathers Hotel, Woodstock.
|Festival Dates||September 18 - 22, 2013|
Lineup of writers and public figures 2013:
- Former Prime Minister Sir John Major
- Ben Okri
- Gill Hornby
- DJ Taylor
- Helen Dunmore
- William Nicholson
- Max Hastings
- Beverley Craven
- Lucy Worsley
- Robin Hanbury-Tenison
- Fiona Carnarvon
- Alex Danchev
- Hannah Greig
- Jennifer Potter
- John Holmes
- and more….
Food at centre of festival 2013:
- Food and drink is at the centre of this year’s Blenheim Palace Literary Festival at Woodstock, with appearances by chefs and cookery writers, Rick Stein and Joanna Blythman, food and drink tastings, and our popular series of dinners. Former The Sunday Times cookery writer Lucas Hollweg, prepares a menu on a late summer/early autumn theme for festival-goers at the festival’s official hotel, The Feathers Hotel. He was voted Guild of Food Writers’ Cookery Writer of the Year in 2012 and his first cookery book, Good Things to Eat, won Best First British Cookbook at the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards.
- This year’s dinners include the closing festival dinner in the Orangery of Blenheim Palace, where broadcaster and chief curator of the Historic Royal Palaces, Lucy Worsley, pictured left, will talk about the British obsession with murder. Last year’s successful literary salon will take place again at La Galleria restaurant in Woodstock. Diners will include several authors appearing at the festival. There is no table plan and it is an opportunity for all to chat informally.
- Wines — Lynne Levin, of award-winning Levin Wines, leads a guided tasting of four vintages of Levin Sauvignon Blanc produced in France’s Loire Valley. Included in the tasting are four vintages, 2007, 2009, 2011 and the Concours Mondial Sauvignon gold medal-winning 2012.
- These and all festival events can be booked through our website http://blenheimpalaceliteraryfestival.com/ at the box office on 01993 812291, or in person at The Feathers Hotel, Woodstock.
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811