Provincetown Jazz Festival
Alex Brown, Debra Mann, Paul Carr, Festival Logo, Sharon Clark, and banner across Commercial Street.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United States — Massachusetts|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Provincetown, Massachusetts, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
Bart Weisman, Founder and Producer
The Provincetown Jazz Festival was founded in 2005 by Cape Cod jazz musician and bandleader, Bart Weisman. This Cape Cod Festival has presented well-known and lesser-known jazz musicians from across the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Europe, and New Zealand to perform jazz in the oldest continuous art colony in the United States. The festival features jazz talent that concert attendees may not have the opportunity to see in their city or town. Since 2005, a portion of the proceeds from the festival have been donated to worthy causes on Cape Cod.
|Festival Dates||August 17 - 19, 2013|
- Saturday, August 11, 8:00pm, Provincetown Town Hall
Note: All of the musicians below will be making their debut at the festival.
- ALEX BROWN will open the concert. He is a very talented young jazz musician and is the pianist for Paquito D’Rivera.
- SHARÓN CLARK, PAUL CARR & CHRIS GRASSO will celebrate the Washington, D.C. jazz scene with Sharón Clark on vocals, Paul Carr on sax and Chris Grasso on piano.
- JOE MCCARTHY is a Grammy award-winning drummer and chief in charge of The United States Naval Academy Jazz Ensemble. Joe will be performing the entire concert.
- ZACH BROWN plays bass and is attending Berklee College of Music. For a number of years he has accompanied his brother Alex Brown. Zach will be performing the entire concert.
- Monday, August 13, 8:00pm, Cotuit Center for the Arts
- DEBRA MANN from Providence, RI on piano & vocals will open the concert and make her debut at the festival. She will be accompanied by Alan Clinger on guitar, Ron Ormsby on bass and Bart Weisman on drums.
- STEVE AHERN & BRUCE ABBOTT - Steve Ahern from Florida on trumpet & flute will be joined by Cape Cod’s own Bruce Abbot on sax & flute. They will be accompanied by Fred Boyle on piano, Ron Ormsby on bass and Bart Weisman on drums. Making a special guest appearance will be vocalist Tedi Marsh.
- Tickets are $25.00 per concert and can purchased without service fees. A portion of the proceeds from the festival are donated to worthy causes.
- More information can be found at http://www.provincetownjazzfestival.org/ or contact Bart Weisman, Executive Producer & Performer
Phone: +01 508-274-2513