Asia Cantate International Choral Festival
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Thailand — Phuket|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Phuket, Phuket, Thailand|
|Festival Contact Information|
Victoria Choral Academy
Travel information and tour packages:
The first edition of ASIA CANTATE, premier International Choral Festival will take place in July 2012 — is presented by Victoria Choral Academy and Transinex Travels. This festival aspires to bring together choirs from around the world and premiere choirs in the region to compete in a multi-level competition set in the picturesque island of Phuket, one of the top holiday destination in Asia.
Singers will experience the excitement of competition, the pleasure of performance, the joy of achievement and the charming culture of Asia. ASIA CANTATE will also be introducing the first ever Voice of Asia Prize. It will be awarded to the choir with the best performance of a piece of Asian choral music and they will be specially featured in future events & festivals.
|Festival Dates||July 15 - 18, 2012|
The biggest island in Thailand, Phuket is commonly referred to as the ‘Pearl of South’. It nestles in the balmy Andaman Sea waters on the Indian Ocean coastline located in the south of Thailand. The island’s terrain is incredibly varied, with rocky headlands, long broad sandy beaches, limestone cliffs, forested hills, small estuaries, lagoons, and tropical vegetation of all kinds. Its large size has allowed microclimates to develop in different areas of the island.
Spectacular scenery, stunning tropical sunsets and warm blue sea awaits you at Asia’s most popular beach destination. This fun island provides an unbeatable combination of perfect silky soft white palm-lined beaches and superb hospitality of Thailand, the Land of Smiles. You will find some of the best restaurants in Thailand, see unforgettable sunsets, touch glorious beaches, experience unique tours, submerge in some of the best diving sites in the world and much, much more. Phuket is truly a tropical wonderland that offers something for just about everyone.
- Opening Ceremony
- The Opening Ceremony of ASIA CANTATE will take place on 15th July. The opening event comprises of the assembly of all participating choirs and the official opening concert by top choirs specially chosen by the festival office.
- Friendship Concert
- Participating choirs can request to participate in the Friendship Concert, which will be held on the 17th July of competition. Each performing choir shall present a 10 minute programme.
- Masterclass and Workshop
- Workshops will be presented by selected Adjudicators for all participants, which will be held on last day of the festival. More information will be provided later.
- Conductors’ Forum
- Choir conductors and representatives will have the opportunity to attend this forum chaired by the Artistic Director. The speakers will be the adjudicators. They will address and evaluate on the musical aspects of the competition, possible evaluation of competition results with each participating choir.
- Award Presentation Ceremony
- After the competition, the awards and diplomas will be presented in the course of a ceremony to take place in a festival atmosphere in the convention hall. The category winners will be honoured with an award presentation ceremony and the festival fanfare.
- Grand Prize Concert
- After the end of the competition and the presentation ceremony, the category winners will present their winning choral pieces to the other participants and visitors. The winner for the concert will then be chosen and the festival’s Grand Prize will be awarded.
- Closing and Special Awards Ceremony
- The closing ceremony of the Asia Cantate will take place on the 17th July. Outstanding Children’s Choir will receive the Young Singers Award and outstanding Senior Choir will receive the Golden Voices Award. The winners for Festival Grand Prize, Conductor Prize and the prestigious special Voice of Asia Awards will also be announced.