Cocoon In The Park Festival
System Presents Cocoon In The Park 2012
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United Kingdom — England|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Leeds, England, UK|
|Festival Contact Information|
Cocoon in the Park takes place at Temple Newsam, Leeds as an open-air event. Set a stone’s throw from Leeds city centre, the Cocoon in the Park festival site lies within the grounds of a 450-year-old mansion house surrounded by forests and lakes in a celebrated area of outstanding natural beauty. The historic estate of Temple Newsam once again plays host to an exclusive line-up.
The festival site includes various food outlets and bars, a chill-out area and a VIP platform where VIP ticket-holders can enjoy views across the site and main stage with access to separate toilets and a bar. The main stage is powered by a Funktion-One PA custom-built by festival sound specialists Audio-Plus and features state of the art pyrotechnics, a live VJ and of course performances from the Cocoon dance troupe. Expect nothing less than the usual breathtaking Cocoon production and top quality soundtrack to one of the most popular and talked about events in the UK.
As for the music, Sven Väth (one stage led by the Cocoon ringmaster) is a ruler of the techno world and has been for decades. With his revered label and club of the same name, Cocoon, he has brought techno to the masses all over the world and, most famously, at Amnesia, Ibiza, since the turn of the millennium. His learned vinyl sets included sounds from a vast remit of techno; incorporate plenty of colours, oomph and dancing bait and, all the while, are served up with a loveable élan and unbridled passion. Join Cocoon, System and thousands of like-minded party-goers, then, for what promises to be the ultimate boutique festival experience.
|Festival Dates||July 13, 2013|
- Sven Väth
- An exclusive line-up over one stage led by Cocoon ringmaster Sven Väth with support from Cassy and Visionquest.
- A regular in the best Berlin clubs, as well as places like fabric, she is an upstanding member of the deep house community who has mixed it up for Cocoon and Panorama Bar in the past. Her sets are cultured things, much like her productions on her own labels and others like Perlon, and it’s for that reason that she is so in-demand.
- Seth Troxler, Ryan Crosson, Shaun Reeves will do their unadulterated electronic thing. Little needs to be said of these current scene darlings: their own label has launched an underground pop revolution, they’ve mixed it up for fabric, taken over at WMC and are generally a crew as lovable as they are sonically inventive.
- Loco Dice
- Circo Loco favourite and house and techno producer extraordinaire Loco Dice has been added to the already heaving line-up. He’s fresh off the back of another one of his sell out Under 300 Tours and pops in to Leeds to play in the middle of another busy summer season of gigs at festivals, clubs and Ibizan haunts all throughout June, July and August.
Cocoon In The Park — After Party 2012:
- Entry to the after party event is only available with a Cocoon In The Park wrist band. (CITP buses will be running to the after party event, please check the buses section on the festival’s web site). More information to come at a later date.
- Temple Newsam
- Cocoon In The Park this year offer CITP buses to and from the festival. The ticket includes a journey from Leeds city centre to Cocoon In The Park then an open return to the city centre. Also new this year you can travel back to the System after party at Mint Club. You will need to buy an after party ticket to gain entry on the after party bus.
Regional coaches 2012:
- Lost Souls http://www.ticketarena.co.uk/leeds/temple-newsam/cocoon-park-2012
Coach only £30
Coach + Ticket £65
Coach only £40
Coach + Ticket £75
- Manchester - Liverpool
Coach only £25
Coach + Ticket £60
Coach only £30
Coach + Ticket £65