Scottish International Storytelling Festival
|Country and Region||United Kingdom — Scotland|
|Type of Festival||Drama, Music|
|Location of Festival||Edinburgh, and regionally throughout Scotland, UK|
|Festival Contact Information|
Scottish Storytelling Centre
Journey with nomads, explorers, pilgrims and voyagers. Be transported by Travellers’ Tales that span worlds of geography, fiction and landscapes of the heart. The 2013 edition of the world’s leading storytelling festival traverses time and space celebrating the myths and legends carried through wanderlust. Why not bring your tales and journey to Edinburgh, city of story, and immerse yourself in ancient traditions and modern
The Scottish Storytelling Centre also produces TradFest Edinburgh — for more information about this festival please visit the profile page at http://kadmusarts.com/festivals/8718.html
|Festival Dates||October 18 - 27, 2013|
- Come on a journey with us to discover stories from India, Africa, Canada, Norway and Scotland. This year the Scottish International Storytelling Festival takes the theme of a journey, of travelling and exploration, of landscapes. We have international guests from Canada, Botswana, India and Norway, and the best storytellers from Scotland all coming together to present an exciting collection of travellers tales. Join us as we travel with explorers, pilgrims, voyagers, nomads, vagabonds and minstrels. Come hear the storytelling traditions of the Saami people, the last nomadic people in Europe. Celebrate famous Scottish explorers, Sir David Livingston and John Muir. Be transported to different worlds, cultures and traditions throughout history in this exciting 2013 festival. The Scottish International Storytelling Festival is also proud to be part of the international project, Seeing Stories: Recovering Landscape Narrative in Urban and Rural Europe, funded by the Culture Programme 2007-2013. Join us on Calton Hill to uncover the stories hidden beneath your feet, then journey with us to the Scottish Borders for more stories and insights into the project.
- Programming highlights
- Inner Journeys: A series of workshops exploring personal, spiritual journeys.
- Meet the Storyteller: Always extremely popular! Get to know more about our storytellers, their lives and their art.
- Journeys & Voyages: Short events taking on specific journey themes presenting a blend of storytelling, music and talks.
- Open Hearth: Each night a Scottish storyteller hosts a traditional, informal Ceilidh style event with guest storytellers.
- The opening weekend will have large scale storytelling events at the National Museum of Scotland and at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh which are perfect for families and children.
- The closing weekend will have a fashion show, a large outdoor storytelling event on Calton Hill and a final Hallowe’en night at the Scottish Storytelling Centre.
- Blog – Scottish International Storytelling Festival
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811