Singapore Writers Festival
|Country and Region||Singapore — Singapore|
|Type of Festival||Literary|
|Location of Festival||Singapore, Singapore|
|Festival Contact Information|
Mr. Paul Tan, Festival Director
The Singapore Writers Festival (SWF) is one of Asia’s premier literary events, organised by the National Arts Council. This year, the festival celebrates its 15th edition since its inauguration in 1986. The festival serves a dual function of promoting new and emerging Singaporean and Asian writing to an international audience, as well as presenting the world’s major literary talents to Singaporeans.
The Festival’s 2012 theme, Origins, brings us to the beginning of time, of language, of stories, of identities. To date, it remains one of the few literary festivals in the world that is multi-lingual, celebrating works in Singapore’s official languages – English, Malay, Chinese and Tamil.
SWF has delighted book lovers by featuring literary luminaries such as homegrown talent Catherine Lim and Singapore’s former president S R Nathan. The festival also features renowned international writers such as Pulitzer-Prize Winner Michael Cunningham, Huang Chun-ming, Pico Iyer, and many more.
|Festival Dates||November 2 - 11, 2012|
Mr. Paul Tan, Festival Director, SWF, said, “…SWF has once again attracted a diverse range of local and international talents who will create an environment for a lively exchange of ideas. The nine-day long festival celebrates writers and writing from various genres including fiction, poetry, film, music and visual arts. We hope the Festival will not only give passionate readers the opportunity to encounter their favourite authors beyond the pages of books, but will also attract the man on the street to experience inspiration and creativity through the written and spoken word.”
- A full list of the activities that are taking place during the Festival can be found at the Festival’s website at http://www.singaporewritersfestival.com
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
- Festival passes and tickets are available for purchase at http://www.sistic.com.sg.
- Literary Meals and Literary Cocktails tickets are available for purchase at http://www.bytes.sg.
- Singapore Management University
- National Museum of Singapore
- Singapore Art Museum
- National Library Board
- The Arts House
- School of the Arts
- Switch and Peranakan Museum