International Antalya Theater Festival
|Country and Region||Turkey — Antalya Province|
|Type of Festival||Drama|
|Location of Festival||Antalya, Antalya Province, Turkey|
|Festival Contact Information|
Turkish State Theatre
On the behalf of the Turkish State Theaters — Antalya State Theater would like to announce the 3rd International Antalya Theater Festival, which will be held between the 17th-26th May 2013 in Antalya, TURKEY.
As the first international theatre centered event of the region the purpose of our festival is to expand its scope with different theaters and organizations from other countries in future. The festival is also a way to build contacs for joint projects by providing an exchange of directors, actors/actresses and technical staff to improve the multicultural understanding and bilateral cooperation. Beside their main theatre performances, groups can also propose workshops and outdoor performnaces like street theatre, street events, dance show events and or concerts etc. Our guests will not only meet the unique stage techniques of the traditional Turkish theatre, but will also have the chance to experience ancient Roman roots of Anatolia in Aspendos and Side Amphitheatres.
Our festival has hosted 13 foreign companies from various countries ,7 State Theatres troupes, there have been staged 27 different plays and 57 performances with totally 40,377 audiences till 2012 and has expanded its scope with different groups from other countries in recent years.
Our festival aims a step forward towards establishing future cooperation between our theater and foreign groups from different countries. We believe that with your participation it will be a valuable asset to our festival and initiate this mutual collaboration.
|Festival Dates||May 17 - 26, 2013|
- The following conditions must be met
- The 4th Antalya International Theatre Festival will start on 17 May 2013 and will finish on 26 May 2013.
- Each company should send a CD/VCD/DVD (please note: this is obligatory) and documents of the performance (i.e. a full application form and related materials described in the application form.)
- The application deadline date is 01 February 2013.
- The group should not exceed the maximum of 20 participants (incl. actors, actresses, technical and other staff). Groups with lesser number will be preferred.
- Accommodation and food expenses will be covered by the Antalya State Theatre.
- Each company must determine and send information about the dates of arrival and departure, performance and duration in Antalya. According to this information, performance dates will be mutually fixed. This information should be sent immediately after the application is confirmed.
- Hotel room placement/pairing schedule should be sent immediately after the application confirmed.
- Directors will stay in single rooms, other company members in double or triple rooms.
- Each group should send a summary of their performance/play (for translation into Turkish), by fax or e-mail immediately after the application is confirmed.
- Each group should bring their own national flag and the flag of their company as well as enough amount of brochures, photos (on CD) and any advertisement materials concerning the groups performance.
- Names, passport numbers and duty of the participant should be filled out completely and correctly.
- Any damage at the hotel is in the responsibility of the participating group and will be refunded from the group or the director.
Application information 2013:
- Deadline is February 1, 2013
- Provide the following COMPANY INFORMATION
- Company Name
- Company web address
- Contact Person (his/her position)
- Brief Company History
- PERFORMANCE DETAILS
- Performance/Play Name
- Brief description of the performance
- Primary discipline
- Cast list of the performance
- Total number of the group
- Does your performance have special requirements:
- Preferred dates of performance:
- Proposed venue/type of venue:
- Time required for: Set, LightING, AND Sound:
- Size of required acting area — Proscenium and Backstage (Please attach the stage technical information)
- Technical specifications, stage & lighting plans
- DVD/VCD/CD record of performance (Applications without a record will not be accepted)
Photos on CD, brochures, posters, any other supporting documentation