International Youth Folklore Festival Ohrid & Struga
|Country and Region||Macedonia — Ohrid|
|Type of Festival||Dance, Music|
|Location of Festival||Ohrid and Struga, Ohrid, Macedonia|
|Festival Contact Information|
MLADINSKI KULTUREN CENTAR OHRID
The festival organizers invite youth folklore groups to participate in the festival that happens in the cities of Ohrid and Struga. Festivals will be held on wonderful coast on Ohrid Lake. These two cities are considered as wonderful tourism destinations in Macedonia. During the festival period is when the cities are filled with foreign tourist from all over the world.
The organizers have another youth festival that takes place in the same cities but in August. The festival is called International Youth Folklore Festival Lake Postcard. For more information visit
|Festival Dates||August 24 - 28, 2011|
Festival programming 2011:
- Youth Culture Centre — Ohrid
- Folklore group ILINDEN — Struga
- Festival program will be held in Ohrid and Struga
- Accommodation of the participants during the festival will be organized in a Hotel located on the coast of Ohrid Lake, in 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 bedrooms.
- Conditions necessary for the participants are
- Folklore groups may participate in which there are children and youths from 8-20 years.
- Folklore groups must provide 6-10 minute program accompanied by (orchestra or playback) for festival program.
- Price for Hotel accommodation (FB) for 5 days is €75 per person for the festival.
- Folklore groups with 50 members in the group may be accompanied by a maximum 3 adult persons (leader, choreographer, and driver).
- Folklore groups with 40-45 members may be accompanied by a maximum of 3 person, or if the numbers are 30-35 members they may be accompanied by a maximum of 2 persons. The festival will provide Hotel accommodation F.B. (free of charge).
- Folklore groups should have their own transportation for arrival and departure. Local transport will be provide by us.
- Folklore groups should arrive in Ohrid on August 24, 2011 at 12.00 noon and start with lunch. The departure day is August 28, 2011 after breakfast.
- If you wish, you can continue your stay in Ohrid. Price will be €20 Euro per day per person FB – price is special for the participants in festivals that we can provide.
- Online at http://www.ohrid.com.mk