Amasya Folkdance Festival
|Country and Region||Turkey — Amasya Province|
|Type of Festival||Dance|
|Location of Festival||Amasya, Amasya Province, Turkey|
Amasya International Culture and Art Festival contains concerts, folk dance performances and many colorful activities. 2011 marks the celebration the fifth International Folk Dances. All participating dance groups gather in Amasya at the beginning of the festival to take part in the festival parade wearing traditional dance costumes.
|Festival Dates||June 11 - 17, 2011|
Participant’s information 2011:
- All groups meet in Amasya on June 10 or 11, 2011.
- June 12, 2011 the two costumed dancers and their trainer and director will have the opportunity to meet the Governor of the Amasya.
- June 12, 2011 the celebrations begin with the parade
- All groups will depart on June 17, 2011
- All groups will perform 7 or 8 dances. The performances should be 8-10-15 minutes in length. The performance takes place in an open area on a high stage in the city center of Amasya.
- The performances can be accompanied by either live music or CD.
- The groups can arrive at airports in ISTANBUL, ANKARA or SAMSUN. The organizers will be able to meet the groups at the mentioned airports.
- All the groups will be able to stay at the hotels and student hostel that are in the city centre (The group doesn’t pay for the accommodation, including meals).
- All groups will have English guides.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served in quality restaurants located in the city centre.
- All groups should consist of a maximum 30 members. All members should be over the age of 16.
- Groups will enjoy visits to cultural sites.
- Important documents
- The organizers request photos, videos or other documents about the groups.