World Puppet Carnival
Festival photos courtesy of Almaty State Puppet Theatre
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Kazakhstan — Almaty|
|Type of Festival||Drama|
|Location of Festival||Almaty, Almaty, Kazakhstan|
|Festival Contact Information|
The Almaty State Puppet Theatre invites puppeteers to participate in a spectacular event in Almaty Kazakhstan: The World Puppet Carnival. The first edition of the festival is to be held from September 25th to October 2nd 2011. All kinds of Theatre Shows and Puppet Films are welcome — for children and adults, from traditional Puppetry, to the new, innovative and experimental works, in addition to shows for theatre and shows for the street.
World Puppet Carnival is a competitive festival with an international jury who will award participants with many valuable prizes that include: Best Animation, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director, Best Scenery, Best Puppet Design, Best Film, Best Original Performance, Best Artistic Creation and Festival Grand Prix Award for the Best Performance.
|Festival Dates||September 23 - 30, 2012|
Participant’s information 2012:
- Invitation to participate
- Puppeteers are invited to participate in the spectacular Second World Puppet Carnival in Almaty, Kazakhstan. The World Puppet Carnival will be held from September 23 to 30, 2012. Over 60 productions from 40 countries will be invited to perform and compete in Almaty’s beautiful theatres, squares, streets, on Beatles monument and magic President Park, even in the circus.
- Kinds of shows sought
- We seek proposals from puppet theatres to present all types of shows and puppet films. We are interested in programs for children and adults. We want shows that are traditional and shows that are new, innovative and experimental. We are seeking shows for on the stage and in the street. We are looking for groups, duos and solo performers. We want to share your talents with the world.
- About the Carnival
- The World Puppet Carnival is a competition. An International Jury will award many valuable prizes. The categories Best Animation, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director, Best Scenery, Best Puppet Design, Best original Performance, Best Film, and Best Video each receive a Golden Apple with a $1000.00 cash prize. The categories Best Street Performance, Best Children performance, Best Artistic Creation will each receive a Golden Apple and $5000.00. The Festival Grand Prix Award is a Golden Apple and $10,000.00. We want you to reward you for your best work.
- Participant’s offerings
- During the Carnival every participant will be provided with free accommodation, food, and daily pocket money.
- You are kindly asked to choose one of your performances, puppet film or Video and send with filled Application form to the Carnival until the deadline of June 1, 2012. You need to send:
- DVD with whole Show, Film or Video
- 5 photos of the Show, Film or Video
- A short story – summary- of the Show, Film or Video
- All your application material send to the following address:
World Puppet Carnival
150 19 Prague 519
- Carnival Commission will select Performances, Films and Video and inform you until 1 June 2012.
- World Puppet Carnival welcomes Puppeteers from all over the World to meet in exotic and beautiful city of Almaty for Life Celebration on 2st World Puppet Carnival.