Alex James presents Harvest — The Festival of Food and Music
|Country and Region||United Kingdom — England|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Oxfordshire, England, UK|
|Festival Contact Information|
Big Wheel Promotions
Alex James, former bassist for the Blurs is the founder and director of the music and food festival that takes place in the beautiful rural setting of the Cotswolds. Having made the transition from a well-traveled rocker to a sedate country farmer, James now leads a life as a cheesemaker — and festival director. The “celebration of food, the farm and music” noted James is what the festival is all about. A stellar lineup of regional and international music acts, notable foodies, master classes in cooking, gardening workshops, a farmer’s market and children’s activities make for a well-rounded family affair.
|Festival Dates||September 9 - 12, 2011|
We fell in love with Alex’s family farm at first site. It’s 200 acres of prime organically certified Oxfordshire loveliness. But what is Harvest all about we hear you ask? Harvest is an end-of-summer celebration of the very best of the British food scene alongside a soundtrack of the finest bands we can find. Together with an inspirational children’s field; a delectable selection of pop up restaurants, gardening workshops and cookery master classes; and the stunning backdrop of the rolling Cotswolds countryside - we hope you will enjoy a rather unique and special weekend.
- KT Tunstall
- Fat Freddy’s Drop
- The Kooks
- The Futureheads
- Jo Whiley
- Gilles Peterson
- Communion (Mumford & Sons side project)
- Benjamin Francis Leftwich
- and more to be named...
Children’s activities 2011:
- Keeping the children entertained all weekend is just as important to us as providing us bigger kids with delicious dishes and a stellar music line up so we thought we would let you know more about our full to the brim children’s area. Setting the kids up early in life with cookery skills can only be a good thing, think about the years of breakfast in bed to come. With this in mind we have teamed up with the lovely people over at Kiddy Cook who will be running interactive workshops throughout the weekend. Meanwhile Slow Food will be popping down with The Taste Adventure taking willing participants on a sensory journey through five interactive zones.
- KadmusArts offers a forum within the festival community to share your opinions, ideas and experiences. Please share your thoughts about Harvest — The Festival of Food and Music at
- Harvest at Tumblr
Boutique Camping 2011:
- For those who like their creature comforts we have some very special additions to boutique camping in the form of Toast Luxury Belle Tents. Our friends at Toast will be literally pimping a handful of belle tents – imagine a night cap whilst being wrapped in vintage Welsh blankets, pull on a pair of PJs and settle down for the night in soft cotton bed linen then wake up in the morning to the warmth of a sheepskin rug underfoot. If this takes your fancy you can book into a luxury Toast Belle Tent. For more information visit http://bigwheeltickets.com/show.php?id=119