World-wide Congress on Dance Research (Congreso Mundial de Investigación de la Danza
|Country and Region||Spain — Andalusia|
|Type of Festival||Dance|
|Location of Festival||Cordoba, Andalusia, Spain|
|Festival Contact Information|
Congress on Dance Research
The World-wide Congress on Dance Research is organized by the Cordoba Section and Spainish Delegation of the CID-UNESCO, with the collaboration of the Council the International of Dance CID. The congresses of the CID reunite with an average of 500 specialists of approximately 50 countries from five continents. This Congress is directed to professionals of Dance and is simultaneously a participating event. The surroundings will facilitate the encounter featuring performances and debates. There will also be informal discussions and international collaborations.
|Festival Dates||December 1 - 5, 2010|
- Communications on the basis of original texts on scientific researches. Illustrated conferences, communications or presentation of posters.
- Skillful classes: education of dances of all the typologies, sorts, techniques, specialties and origins.
- Scenic spectacles: scenic presentation of soloists and companies of Dance.
- Audio-visual projections: projection of videos, DVDs, slides
- Exhibitions: historical book exhibitions, CDs, clothings, photographs, objects, accessories of Dance, etc.
- Participating events: external optional activities to the program, with own Music and Dance of the country and the city chosen for the celebration of the Congress.
- Visits to places of special interest, such as schools of Dance, theaters, museums, etc.
- The working languages will be English and Spanish, although presentations in other languages without translation are accepted. Dance professionals are invited to participate, and to possibly include a presentation in the program. The proposals of presentations (investigations, conferences, exhibitions, classes, spectacles, exhibitions) will have to be sent by means of email or postal mail for evaluation of the Scientific Committee. Before sending its proposal, we requested that they ask for information extended to the Secretary of the Congress. Please contact them at