West Beach Music and Arts Festival
Photo Credits: See Practical information below
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United States — California|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Santa Barbara, California, USA|
September on the West Coast not only marks the time of year University of California, Santa Barbara rolls back into session, it also heralds the return of the WEST BEACH MUSIC & ARTS FESTIVAL.
The three-day gathering for music fans, families and beachgoers alike will feature non-stop performances on multiple stages by rock, reggae and jam bands. Located seaside just west of Santa Barbara’s renowned Stearn’s Wharf, the all-ages festival will also feature arts and crafts vendors, activities oriented toward children plus The OASIS, a lush tropical inspired-area surrounded by palm trees located in the heart of the festival. “It’s amazing how much growth the festival experienced this past year from 1,500 attendees in its first year to more than 20,000 attendees in its second year, but it’s not stopping there,” states Twiin Production’s Jeremy Pemberton. “This year the collaborations we have made with other organizations within the community have really set us up for an even stronger festival.”
“We are being strategic in our promotions and partnerships to allow maximum benefits for our community,” adds Twiin Productions partner Joshua Pemberton. “It’s our goal to drive tourism and consumer spending throughout our local businesses and hotels. We are very excited that this is only the beginning of our announcements. We have many more surprises to share in the near future!”
Last year’s WEST BEACH MUSIC & ARTS FESTIVAL drew over 20,000 attendees and featured stellar performances from Ziggy Marley, Jason Mraz, Natasha Bedingfield, George Clinton & Parliament/Funkadelic, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Jackie Greene, The Expendables and more. Wrote Josef Woodard of the Santa Barbara News-Press (9/16/08) in his review, “…the festival experience is all about balancing well-coordinated planning and moments that verge on blissful chaos and cultural overload. By that classic standard, the West Beach Music and Arts Festival did its job nicely and has whetted the appetite for more of the same next year.”
|Festival Dates||September 24 - 25, 2010|
- West Beach is located between Stearn’s wharf and the beautiful harbor! For more information
Slideshow Photo Credits:
- In order of appearance
- Cayson Peterson of Iration and friends take time to enjoy the beautiful weather and beach in Santa Barbara, CA at West Beach Festival 2008.
- Festival goers take a break to enjoy the perfect weather and relax in the beer garden at West Beach Festival 2008 in Santa Barbara, CA.
- Taking advantage of the VIP Cabana offerings at West Beach Festival 2008, fans are able to experience gourmet offerings and the finest wines and champagne available all from the privacy of their own Cabana with personal service throughout the festival. The Cabanas have proved to be a hit as they have sold out every year!
- The crowd patiently awaits Jason Mraz at West Beach Music & Arts Festival 2008 in Santa Barbara, CA. Friday September 12, 2008.
- Natasha Bedingfield enjoyed the warm beach and vibrations at last year’s edition of the West Beach Music & Arts Festival in Santa Barbara, CA.
- The festival goers take a chance to enjoy the warm beach as they listen to Ziggy Marley play the kids’ Sandbox stage midday.
FINAL WINNERS: THE GREENER FESTIVAL AWARD 2009:
- The organisers of the Award, campaign and advice group AGreenerFestival.com said that they were particularly pleased with the number of outstanding festivals in 2009 with twelve festivals being awarded very high marks. The Award is based on a 56 part questionnaire which covers office management, greenhouse gas emissions, supporting green initiatives, travel and transport, waste and recycling, water management, environmental protection and noise reduction and almost all the festivals will receive a visit from an independent auditor to assess their green efforts. http://agreenerFestival.com
- All winning Festivals will receive a special trophy designed by competition winner Sade Goddard from Keswick School in Cumbria whose winning design features a Red Kite motif and is made from recycled plastic bottles, crushed CDs and remoulded Wellington boots.
- The winner of the overall Greener Festival Award 2009 will be announced at the UK Festival Awards which will be held at the O2 Arena in London on November 19th 2009. The following winners are…
- OUTSTANDING GREENER FESTIVALS
- BONNAROO (USA)
- BIG TENT (Scotland)
- BLUESFEST (Australia)
- CROISSANT NEUF (England)
- ELOICA (Spain)
- ISLE OF WIGHT (England)
- PEATS RIDGE (Aus)
- ROTHBURY (USA)
- SOUTHBOUND (Australia)
- SUNRISE (England)
- WAVEFORM (England)
- WORKHOUSE (Wales)
- THE GREENER FESTIVAL AWARD WINNERS
- BIG SESSION (England)
- CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESTIVAL (England)
- CAMP BESTIVAL (England)
- THE CITY OF LONDON FESTIVAL
- THE FALLS FESTIVAL (Australia)
- GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL (England)
- FIREGATHERING (England)
- MANCHESTER INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL (England)
- OYA FESTIVALEN (Norway)
- ROTOTOM SUNSPLASH (Italy)
- SONISPHERE (England)
- SUMMER SUNDAE WEEKENDER (England)
- SZEGED (Hungary)
- T-IN-THE-PARK (Scotland)
- WEST BEACH (USA)
- WOMADelaide (Australia)
- IMPROVING GREENER FESTIVALS
- ATLANTA JAZZ FESTIVAL (USA)
- BIG CHILL (England)
- DOWNLOAD (England)
- THE GLADE (England)
- HYDE PARK CALLING (England)
- STANDON CALLING (England)
- WIRELESS (England)
- Y-NOT (England)