Tambo International Art Camp and Festival "Celebrating Cultural Diversity" International
Poster courtesy of Tambo Tambulani Tambo
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Mozambique — Cabo Delgado|
|Type of Festival||Dance, Drama, Music|
|Location of Festival||Pemba, Cabo Delgado, Mozambique|
|Festival Contact Information|
Tambo Tambulani Tambo
The Cultural Association Tambo Tambulani Tambo was founded in 1995 in Pemba, Cabo Delgado Province of Mozambique. The organization promotes art through its own productions of making cultural events and to defend the rights and possibilities of artists. The small annual festival they organize—”Celebrating Cultural Diversity”, is one of the ways they promote performing artists within different forms of expressions—which also offer spectators the possibility to experience different art performances. The program includes: traditional dance, theatre, music, dance, painting, stand-up comedy, acrobatics and much more. All this is done on a voluntarily basis. The festival will include an art camp with workshops, performances, visits to other cultural settings in Pemba and taking part of our festival.
Tambo Tambulani Tambo seeks to broaden the promotion of cultural diversity by also encouraging international relationships across the border. Both to show their performances outside Mozambique and by having foreign artists take part in events in Mozambique at the centre.
|Festival Dates||July 15 - 21, 2013|
- 7 days of unique possibilities to experience the multicultural art scene and traditions of Pemba-Mozambique. Together with local artists and from abroad you can participate in:
- Workshops of dance, theatre, music, design and more
- Visits to local art communities like the Mapiko dancers, Makonde art, the Arab influenced Tufo and Damba singing and more
- The VIII Tambo Festival ”Celebrating Cultural Diversity”
- Tambo International Art Camp Pemba Mozambique 2009
- Pemba Mozambique, Tambo International Festival 2009
- Participation, including food and camping is US$ 120, per person. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your art forms of special interest in taking part.
- The Art Camp takes place at the Cultural Centre “Tambo”, the home of the Tambo Tambulani Tambo in Pemba, located at the 3rd largest bay in the world, a place that has over centuries attracted people from many continents to settle creating a multicultural environment.