Dubai Desert Rock Festival
Images courtesy of Dubai Desert Rock Festival, Center Stage Management
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United Arab Emirates — Abu Dhabi|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Dubai, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Festival Contact Information|
Dubai Desert Rock Festival
The festival is currently on hold as the organizers expand their reach. Launched in April 2003, the is usually held over two days at Dubai Festival City featuring 7 international heavy metal bands who will dominate the stage providing 7 hours of live music, supported by 2 lucky bands chosen from competitions currently running across the globe. A day not to miss!. The Dubai Desert Rock Festival is all about bringing artists, audiences and supporters together in a dynamic, unique and highly interactive environment, and which centers on and helps cultivate an appreciation for live rock music and having fun.
|Festival Dates||March 6, 2009|
This marks Motorhead’s first ever performance in the Middle East since the beginning of their career in 1975. On their 30th anniversary, they won a Grammy for ‘Best Metal Performance’, promising a powerful show.
- Arch Enemy
One of the few heavy metal bands with a female vocalist, Arch Enemy accomplished their highest-charting effort yet with their album Doomsday Machine which debuted at No. 87 on the Billboard Top 200 chart and recently surpassed the 90,000 US SoundScan plateau. http://www.myspace.com/archenemy
The Metal legends and Swedish titans of rock
When Chimaira commenced the writing process of their latest album, they were coming off a marathon, two-year road trek in support of their most successful album, The Impossibility Of Reason. They had toured as headliners and clocked 330 shows in 21 countries. http://www.myspace.com/chimaira
- August Burns Red
The band initially formed in 2003 with a shattering debut album Thrill Seeker, which led them to follow up with something even bigger. 2009 is a promising year for them, having done a cover of the song Carol Of The Bells which will feature as the soundtrack to the US adaptation blockbuster of the comic “The Spirit”. The movie is released worldwide around Christmas day (varies from country to country) and stars people such as Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L Jackson & Eva Mendes.
Nervecell recently released their first album video for Flesh & Memories, the first of a series of two videos recorded live at last year’s festival.
- United We Rock
Middle East http://www.unitedwerockbattle.com
Winning bands from United We Rock on-line poll:
- Winners — Scarab (Egypt), and Hatred (Germany) will open up two festivals in 2009, starting with Desert Rock festival headlined by Mötorhead (March 6, 2009), followed by With Full Force (July 3-5, 2009).
- Scarab was formed in Cairo, Egypt, in 2006 sprouting from “Hatesuffocation” which had roots running since 2001 with 2 EPs released. Formed of a combination of different musical tastes and personalities, Scarab stand as a united musical entity. The music is heavy, powerful, raw and brutal yet melodic, while the lyrical theme is mainly about Spirituality, theories and philosophy in how they perceive the world around them. Despite the many barriers and financial problems the band has faced, 2008 has been a major leap for the band with the Recording of their first full length album entitled Blinding The Masses, considered a continuation over Valley of The Sandwalkers. http://www.myspace.com/scarabtheband
Hatred was founded in 1998, aiming to play oldschool Thrash-Metal from the 80’s merged with some Power-Metal-elements, like high screams and melodic choruses. After the success of their first Demo “Fractured” and the release of the full-length-album “Soulless”, Hatred got a record deal with the established German Metal-label “Twilight-Vertrieb”. The new album “Madhouse Symphonies” adds with longer atmospheric parts some new facets to the sound of the Band. Hatred’s biggest successes are the following gigs: Earthshaker Metalfest with Testament and Annihilator, Metalcamp-Festival in Slowenia two years in a row with Six Feet Under, Ektomorf, Destruction, Tankard and Sodom, “Kaltenbach Open Air” in Austria as well as the “Day of Darkness”. Hatred’s singer Matthias Mauer and drummer Daniel Buld founded the Metalfest Queens of Metal Open Air in 2006, which is presented by the famous label Nuclear Blast. http://www.myspace.com/hatredmoshcrew
- Dubai Festival City
- Visit the festival web site for more information at
- Splash outlets
- Mall of Emirates +971 04 3410644
- Deira City Center +971 04 2950553
- Sharjah City Center +971 06 5396626
- Ajman City Center +971 06 7434848
- Bin Daher Center, Ras Al Khaima +971 07 2280111
- Dana Plaza, Fujeirah +971 09 2232690
- Abu Dhabi Co-op +971- 02 64- Abu Dhabi Marina Mall +971 02 6816063
- Virgin Megastores :
- Mall of Emirates
- Deira City Center
- Abu Dhabi Mall
- Center Stage Management (CSM) office +971 04 339 05 50
- Online at
http://www.timeouttickets.com, or 800 4669 (toll free)