Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Switzerland — Valais|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Crans Montana, Valais Switzerland|
The Caprices Festival features four days and four nights of continuous events held at the Crans Montana resort. The program of events offer a diverse music program, DJs, comedy shows and a variety of performances. Activities and entertainment will take place throughout the centre of the Valais resort, raising the Festival to the ranks of European cultural events not to be overlooked. Entertainment during the day (on the ski-slopes and around the Crans Montana resort) and a host of concerts in the evening—happening at four main venues of Chapiteau, l’Alternative, Artic Cafe’, Swatch get Hot.
|Festival Dates||March 8 - 16, 2013|
The adventure began with four friends who shared a dream of organising a winter music festival in the heart of the Valais Alps. In 2004, their dream became reality and the first winter event, christened the Caprices Festival, kicked off. Today the Festival is still going strong and has established credibility with both the public and its partners.
Programming preview 2013:
- The Caprices Festival, which is celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2013, is thinking big and has decided to extend the festivities and put together an ambitious programme, which will be revealed to the public on 15 November. To whet the public’s appetite, the Caprices Festival is delighted to announce that the singer Matthieu Chedid, who is better known by his stage name «M», will be topping the bill on the opening night. Three years after the lunar voyage that was Mister Mystère, M is releasing a solar epic and dreaming of a world tour that will take in the opening night of the Caprices Festival on 8 March 2013. M’s latest opus, Îl—a high-energy album in the same style as the single «Mojo», which is on high rotation on the radio—seems to be a return to the roots of rock’n’roll and suggests that his performance on the Caprices Festival’s main stage will be as explosive as it is exhilarating. Fans of the singer really have something to look forward to! With its ambitious programme, increased capacity, and extended duration, the 10th Caprices Festival, which will run from 8 to 16 March, is shaping up to be the unmissable event of winter 2013! Program, information and tickets for the Caprices Festival November 15, 2012 on www. caprices.ch
- The Killers — cancelled due to bad weather (see information below)
- Alice Cooper
- Roger Hodgson
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
- Sophie Hunger
- Célien Schneider
- Roger Hodgson
- DJ Shadow
- Cody ChesnuTT
- Nelly Furtado
- Lou Doillon
- Kevin Saunderson
- Juan Atkins
- Model 500
- Sven Väth
The Killers cancellation 2013:
- The news has just come in: the American band The Killers, which was due to perform on Wednesday, 13 March, has been forced to cancel its concert because of the bad weather, which has caused huge disruption to road traffic. Following heavy snowfall, a ban on driving was put in place yesterday, which disrupted the band’s travel plans and the arrival of its equipment and resulted in the cancellation of its concert at the Zénith in Paris yesterday evening. This ban was lifted this morning. Nevertheless, it comes too late for the group to reach Crans-Montana in time for their scheduled performance. As a result, the concert has been cancelled. Naturally, the Caprices Festival is aware of the disappointment that this cancellation will cause and deeply regrets having to make such a last-minute announcement.
- In view of the fact that it is impossible to find a replacement act for The Killers at such short notice and in order to make up for this unfortunate situation, the Caprices Festival is offering to reimburse the price of the tickets to those who wish to return their tickets.
- As a one-off gesture, the festival will open its doors to all festival-goers FREE of charge this evening so that they can enjoy the following performances onTheTube stage:The Spinto Band, DJ Sebastian, and 2manydjs.
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811