International Puppet Festival the Golden Dolphin
'The Magic Tinder' after Andersen's stories. Photography by Simeon Lyutakov.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Bulgaria — Varna|
|Type of Festival||Drama|
|Location of Festival||Varna, Varna, Bulgaria|
|Festival Contact Information|
The International Puppet Festival The Golden Dolphin is established in 1972. It is held once in every three years, from 1st to 6th October, by Ministry of Culture, Municipality of Varna and The State Puppet Theatre Varna. The festival has a competition character. Its last edition (the 15th) was in 2011. The forthcoming 16th edition will be held from 1st to 6th October 2014.
The festival is intended to assist the development of Bulgarian dramaturgy for the puppet theatre, to popularize the achievements of Bulgarian puppet art, to introduce the modern trends and the latest quests of the puppet art all over the world, to contribute to the closer contacts between the puppet and theatrical specialists from the different countries. Workshops covering wide scope of topics related to the theory and the practice of the puppet theatre are held within the frames of the festival.
Professional theatres from Bulgaria and abroad may participate in the International Puppet Festival The Golden Dolphin. The productions they apply with must be staged after its last issue – 2011. The Status of the Festival is available on our website
|Festival Dates||October 1 - 6, 2014|
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
Participant’s information 2014:
- The candidates have to declare their offers in writing at latest at 30th of April 2014. The theatres shall be entitled to apply for with maximum 2 performances if one of them is a new Bulgarian play staged for a first time. Within the festival program every participant shall play 2 performances. The proceeds from these performances (if any) shall be for the festival. The proceeds from every next performance (if any) shall be for the performing theatre.
- The suggestions for participation should be supported by a DVD with the entire performance recorded, by information about the production team and a press dossier. All expenses related to the stay and the participation of the theatres, as well as the accommodations and the pocket money are borne by organizers. Travelling expenses are borne by the guest theatre. The participants shall be nominated by a Selection Commission. You will be notified about the selectioner’s decision not later than 1st of June, 2014.
- For ordering and getting an additional information, please contact
- State Puppet Theatre
4, Dragoman St.
Varna - 9000, Bulgaria
Phone: +359 52/607 841, or +359 52/608 172
Fax: +359 52/607 842
Mrs. Vera Stoykova, general manager
Mrs. Ana Alexandrova, deputy director
Mrs. Krasimira Hristova, coordinator
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com
- Online at http://www.vnpuppet.com/en
- State Puppet Theatre