Bravo - Vail Valley Music Festival
Photos courtesy of Bravo - Vail Valley Music Festival. Photos by Chris Lee.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United States — Colorado|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Vail, Colorado USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
Bravo! Vail Valley Music Festival
Celebrating 24 years in the Vail Valley in 2011, the Bravo! Vail Valley Music Festival is a hallmark cultural attraction in Colorado. The six-week festival touts the highest quality classical musicians in the world today. The Bravo! Festival has established Vail as one of today’s leading musical landmarks. The six-week festival will be punctuated with intimate chamber music performances, lively jazz concerts and inspiring festive classics. With more than 60 events, there is something for everybody at this vast music festival. From instrument petting zoos to intimate soirées; from Tchaikovsky to cabaret, the Bravo! Vail Valley Music Festival has it all in the glorious setting of the Rocky Mountains.
|Festival Dates||June 28 - August 3, 2013|
In 1987 the Bravo! Vail Valley Music Festival was created by John Giovando, an attorney with a love of classical music, and acclaimed violinist, Ida Kavafian, who together had already established a successful chamber music festival in New Mexico. They brought musicians from Music from Angel Fire to present chamber music concerts in the Vail Valley. These performances started small—at one of the first concerts the musicians actually outnumbered the audience! Eugenia Zukerman, renowned flutist, author and television commentator, joined the Festival as Artistic Director in 1998, and has since guided the artistic growth of the Festival. Through world-class performances, dedicated leadership and generous support from the community, the Festival has grown from a handful of attendees to an annual audience of more than 60,000. More than 50 acclaimed soloists visit the Vail Valley to perform in chamber ensembles and as soloists with resident orchestras.
The Bravo! Festival runs from late June through early August, presenting the highest level of music making in spectacular Vail Valley venues. During these brief summer months, the Festival touches the lives of thousands of people, many of who come to the area specifically to experience the pleasures of the Festival and the beauty of the majestic Rocky Mountains.
Now in its 23rd year in the Vail Valley, the Bravo! Festival has reached the highest level of artistic excellence. The 2010 season will feature a recital with Yo-Yo Ma and Kathryn Stott, three world class orchestras—the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, The Philadelphia Orchestra and the New York Philharmonic, as well as today’s top soloists and chamber musicians from June 25—August 3, 2010.
Participating artists & programming 2013:
- Anne-Marie McDermott
- James W. Palermo
- Season Long Immersion into the Music of Antonin Dvořák
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- New York Philharmonic
- The Linda and Mitch Hart Soirée Series
- Chamber Music
- Silver Oak Series at the Donovan Pavilion (a new atmosphere for listening—relaxed, elegant, intimate and enveloped by the beauty of the outdoors)
- Young Professionals-in-Residence
- FREE Concerts: Education and Community Engagement Programs
- Free Family Concert by National Repertory Orchestra (youngest members of the family can be exposed to the sounds of a live symphony orchestra in Bravo!)
- Before the Music Series (a series of late afternoon pre-concert talks is led by some of Colorado’s most prominent musicologists
- The 26th Annual Gala Dinner, Dance and Auction: “Up, Up and Away”
- If you like this festival — listen to…
- Ricky Ian Gordon, composer
- Ricky Ian Gordon, composer
- To purchase tickets please call the box office at (01) 877-812-5700 or purchase tickets online at http://www.vailmusicfestival.org/
- Vail, Colorado is a 90 minute drive from the city of Denver and a 2 hour drive from the Denver International Airport. Vail is only 30 minutes from the Eagle County Regional Airport.
- Free parking in the summer is available in the public parking garages. Check for great lodging discounts and rates on several travel sites.
About Vail, Colorado:
- Besides our world-class music, Vail is an excellent summer destination for golf, biking, hiking, kayaking, white-water rafting, horseback riding, and Jeep tours. Vail has become a year-round tourist destination for families and adults. Whether it’s world-class dining and shopping you desire, or adventure and thrill seeking that draws you to the Vail Valley, the Festival provides an unparalleled level of entertainment with the beautiful Rocky Mountains as a backdrop. The weather is perfect, the views are breathtaking, the cuisine is phenomenal and the entertainment is endless. Vail is the premiere destination for any traveler. For more information on the town of Vail, please visit http://www.vailgov.com, or http://www.vail.com