Masterplayers International Music Competition
|Country and Region||Switzerland — Ticino|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Lugano, Ticino, Switzerland; Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany; and Venice, Veneto, Italy|
|Festival Contact Information|
The Masterplayers International Music Academy Corporation
The 32nd Masterplayers International Music Competition for conductors, soloists, singers, choirs, orchestras and chamber music groups will take place between January-July 2012 in different sites of the world (DVD recordings of live concerts). The Conducting Masterclass and Competition Richard Wagner will take place in summer 2013 (Richard Wagner 200 Centenary Year).
January - July 2012
As a world renowned conductor, Richard Schumacher has directed The Masterplayers, a chamber orchestra composed of leading solo and chamber players from all over Europe since 1954. As guest conductor, Maestro Schumacher has appeared with distinguished orchestras in Europe, America and Australasia, at famous concert halls including the Philharmonic Hall (Avery Fisher) in New York’s Lincoln Center, the Royal Albert Hall London, the Concertgebouw Amsterdam, the Philharmonic Hall Warsaw, the Teatro Sao Carlos Lisbon, and many, many more.
Schumacher is founder of the Masterplayers International Music Academy Corporation and the Masterplayers International Music Competition for conductors, soloists, singers, choirs, orchestras and chamber music groups. With his book “The Charisma of the Baton” and since 1981 Maestro Schumacher has been explaining his conducting art in mastercourses throughout the world.
Applicants information 32 Masterplayers International Music Competition 2012:
- Applications are open for conductors, chamber music groups, orchestras, choirs, singers, instrumentalists, piano, organ, harpsichord, harp, guitar, lute, accordion, harmonica, violin, viola, cello, doublebass, flute, piccolo, oboe, english horn, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, horn, trumpet, trombone, tuba, percussion, sitar, cimbalom, and others… There is no age limit for candidates.
- No age limit. Distinguished International Jury. First Prize €3000 with engagements. Second Prize €1000. Bruno Walter Prize for the best conductor with engagements. Materplayers Prize for the best competitor with engagements. Prizes of Honour, Honour Diplomas, Diplomas and for each participant Certificates. Participant’s shall compete exclusively by DVD including a live concert or a mixture of several live concerts (20 until 120 minutes). Program of choice. No live performance round will be following the decision of the Jury shall be irrevocable and shall be made worldwide public by 30 July 2012
- The recordings shall be evaluated by the International Jury composed of winners of Masterplayers Prizes and Bruno Walter Prizes.
- All applications must be forwarded with registered OFFICIAL POSTMAIL to THE MASTERPLAYERS INTERNATIONAL MUSIC ACADEMY CORPORATION, CASELLA POSTALE 6417, CH-6901 LUGANO SWITZERLAND. Including DVD a Curriculum Vitae with a list of previous experience and artistic achievements Degree Certificates of professional/academic education (photocopy) and two recent photos for publications postmarked no later than 30 MARCH 2012 The applicant should also remit a non refundable application fee of €250 by INTERNATIONAL POSTAL MONEY ORDER (No Cheques) to: The Masterplayers International Music Academy Corporation, Casella postale 6417 CH-6901 Lugano, Switzerland or IBAN CH29 0900 0000 6902 0448 2 BIC P.O. FICHBEXXX
- For more information contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit online at http://www.masterplayers.org
- The 32 Masterplayers International Music Competition will take place at prestige concert halls, old theatres, villas, castles, monasteries & medieval churches worldwide and the Conducting Masterclass and Competition Richard Wagner will take place in Lucerne, Bayreuth and Venice.