Antwerp Summer (Zomer van Antwerpen)
Photo credits: See Practical information below.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Belgium — Flanders|
|Type of Festival||Dance, Drama, Music|
|Location of Festival||Antwerp, Flanders, Belgium|
|Festival Contact Information|
Zomer van Antwerpen
Zomer van Antwerpen (Antwerp Summer) is an Antwerp city festival that grew out of Antwerpen ‘93, Cultural Capital of Europe. It has been led by an artistic director since its inception in 1995. The festival usually takes place every year in July and August with productions and performances for all ages and cultures.
Zomer van Antwerpen resolutely opts for a multidisciplinary and global approach. It features music from all corners of the world, thematic open-air movies against the startling background of the river Scheldt’s quays, the top of the international contemporary circus scene, strong visual theatre, dance in unexpected locations and countless events and installations. One of the basic principles of Zomer van Antwerpen is that it picks unusual locations for quite a number of the performances: tents, warehouses, derelict buildings and open-air venues. Projects are often tailored to a specific location or space, not necessarily in the centre but also in more remote parts of the city.
|Festival Dates||June 26 - September 1, 2013|
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
Slideshow photo credits:
- In order of appearance
- Broers Perdu, photo by ©Jordi Bover
- Cinema Urbana, photo ©Jordi Bover
- MIDW, photo by Sigrid Spinnox
- Wunderkammer, photo by ©Jordi Bover
- Zomerbar, photo ©Jordi Bover
- Festival Logo