Gibanica (Moving Cake) Slovene Contemporary Dance Platform (Slovenska Sodobnoplesna Platforma)
|Country and Region||Slovenia — Central Slovenia|
|Type of Festival||Dance|
|Location of Festival||Ljubljana, Central Slovenia, Slovenia|
|Festival Contact Information|
Umetniško društvo Fičo balet / Art Association Fičo balet
Launched in 2003, the Gibanica (Moving Cake) Slovene Contemporary Dance Platform is a competitive contemporary dance festival whose name is a pun on the Slovene verb for moving—gibati—and the traditional Slovene pastry—gibanica—which varies from region to region. The festival embraces a range of dance forms from ‘pure’ to ‘hybrid’, from the work of both the ‘older’ generation including Kovač, Farič, Pograjc, Ožbolt, Bučar, Potočan, to dance pieces by newcomers to the dance scene. The festival presents the diversity of Slovene dance that is not restricted to modern dance. The showcase covers the many different points of departure originating from classical ballet and various contemporary schools and techniques of dance and sport. Performances presented within the main program compete for the Gibanica (Moving Cake) Festival of Slovene Dance Award—one is chosen by the audience and the other by an international jury.
|Festival Dates||February 21 - 23, 2013|
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
Participant’s information 2013:
- Dates and venues
- Serving a biennial selection of the best contemporary dance local productions since 2003, Gibanica will between 21st and 23rd February 2013 “occupy” the following venues in the capital of Slovenia: Stara mestna elektrarna – Elektro Ljubljana, Cankarjev dom, Dance Theatre Ljubljana and Španski borci Culture Centre.
- The Jury
- The three-member-jury composed of Mateja Bučar, Pia Brezavšček and Klaus Ludwig selected from 41 submitted applications 8 performances to the main and 3 performances to the additional programme.
- We would be delighted if you could join us at the 6th edition of Gibanica (Moving Cake) Festival. Upon this occasion, you can enjoy affordable accommodation at Hotel Park located at the very centre of Ljubljana. All Gibanica 2013 venues are within a walking distance. A concentrated review of dance creativity in Slovenia provided by Gibanica will again be valuable information both for invited foreign selectors as well as local audience.
- Hotel Park provides to Gibanica 2013 guests the following: bed and breakfast; a single superior room € 50 per night; a double superior room € 58 per night. The price includes the internet access in the rooms and the use of safe at the reception. In addition, the guest must pay a tourist tax which amounts to € 1.01 per person a night. If you want, we can book a hotel room on your account. In case you wanted to rent an apartment, contact Airbnbn at https://www.airbnb.com/ which is the best provider in Ljubljana.
- As to the transfer from the airport, we suggest Markun Shuttle that provides transfer for only € 9.
- Host contact
- Your host at Gibanica 2013 in Ljubljana will be Goran Bogdanovski. His contact info: email@example.com and + 386 (0) 41 853 891
- Contact information
- Please do not hesitate to contact us for any questions related to your stay in Ljubljana or in case you want us to book a hotel room for you.
- Mojca Zupanič, Executive Producer
Mobile: + 386 (0) 41 924 515
- Urška Comino, Public Relaltions
Mobile: + 386 (0) 31 357 965