Sancta One-Act Festival
Photo credits: See Practical information below.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||South Africa — Mpumalanga|
|Type of Festival||Drama|
|Location of Festival||Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa|
|Festival Contact Information|
NOEL MCDONALD (CAIBSA)(CSBIcbSA)
The SA national Community Theatre Association is a community-based association whose objective it isto raise the quality, status and profile of the community performing arts. The aim is to make them viable once again and regain their place in the cultural life of our community. SA national Community Theatre Association sets about to achieve its objectives by running fully adjudicated regional festivals culminating in an annual Festival.
|Festival Dates||June 11 - 16, 2011|
- Monday, July 11
- Umbalali the Killer, Siyonqoba Performing Arts (Embalehlenle)
- Who is the King between the Twins, Mzinoni Vision for Young People (Bethal)
- Tuesday, July 12
- We are who we are, Hillbrow Outreach, under the auspices of the Lutheran Church
- Change 6 1/2, The Theatre Lions (Embalenhle)
- Wednesday, July 13
- The Perfect Problem, Laduma Arts (Embalenhle)
- Journey of the Truth, Hlananathi (Hillbrow)
- Simple Hard, Duduza Serenade (Duduza/Nigel)
- Thursday, July 14
- Changing Faces, Izaze Zase (Embalenhle)
- Fifteen Minute Minimum, Dreamworkz, under Randfontein High School
- Xenophobia, Heros/Amaqwahwe (Kinross)
- Friday, July 15
- Unchained, Dreamworkz, under Randfontein High School
- The Breakfast Club, Waterfront Theatre Drama Club (Secunda)
- Some where in between, The Gay and Lesbian Association (Pietermaritzburg)
After the evenings’s adjudication the three Best Productions will be announced by the Adjudicators to be performed again on Saturday night.
- Saturday, July 16
- The re-performance of the Three Best Plays with a 1/2 hour interval intermission, during which Nominations for 24 trophies will be displayed
- Gala Award Ceremony
- Note: All performances start at 6:30pm (18.30h) nightly. There is a 15 minute interval after the 2nd play with a verbal adjudication on the plays at the end of each evening.
- Tickets cost R20 per night at door.
Photo slideshow credits:
- In order of appearance
- Scene from 2nd winner Fat men in skirts, - DReamworkz-Randfontein high school, Gauteng South Africa. All photos by San-Marie Cronje-Bethal, Mpumalanga
- Scene from Behind the light, by Hlananathi, Hillbrow, Johannesburg, South Africa. 3rd placed production. Miners in traditional costumes doing Zulu dance.
- A scene from We can - this is my home, by Siyonqoba Performing arts of Embalenhle , Mpumalanga. A school scene in the play dealing with childrens rights against drugs, abuse etc. This winning play is participating in the Iata festival In Norway in july 2011.
- Johannes Stegmann Theatre in Secunda, Mpumalanga