Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
« KadmusArts Community ForumGeneral DiscussionSite FeedbackAre help pages helpful? »
AttachedPoll

Question: Should help pages be added to the KadmusArts website?

I would find help pages useful.

I would rather ask other users.

I would rather figure things out by myself.

ThreadTools

Print

(Read 2346 times) [1]

Are help pages helpful?
« on: January 29, 2006, 11:35:34 PM » by Ruben
In reading a recent blog post by Jeff Atwood (http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000500.html), I noticed the following remarks:
[...]in usability tests we see it again and again: novices and intermediates click around and experiment, experts try to reason things out and look them up in help.[...]
[...]if you are building local help files for your application, you're wasting your time. And more importantly, you are wasting your users' time.   
Smart developers will stop wasting time on useless local help and build community around their product on the internet.[...]
What do people think? We designed KadmusArts around the notion of festival communities that share their knowledge and expertise - is this the way we should go with help for site features as well?

Re: Are help pages helpful?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 05:18:24 PM » by ilva
 Huh For me this site is really difficult to use.

Site Design and Features
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 07:21:44 PM » by Ruben
Thank you for the feedback - we value what you have to say, and incorporate it into site redesigns. Since the original forum thread was started, we have made several major site overhauls every couple of years, and multiple smaller changes on an ongoing basis. As an example, in recent months we redesigned our blog pages in response to requests for a more open layout, with larger images and font sizes, and incorporating multiple points of entry to current and archival info.

Could you tell us something more about features that would help you use the site? Are you looking for more ways to access information about festivals? Perhaps you would like to know more about engaging audiences through the site? Responding to blogs or podcasts? Please let us know - we're listening and happy to help.

(Read 2346 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Members List
Login
Register

ForumStats

990 Posts
783 Topics
187257 Members