Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
« KadmusArts Community ForumGeneral DiscussionOdds and EndsWelcome to the KadmusArts Forum! »
ThreadTools

Print

(Read 4915 times) [1]

Welcome to the KadmusArts Forum!
« on: December 04, 2005, 02:45:55 PM » by Ruben
Welcome to the KadmusArts Forum!

KadmusArts is designed as a community-oriented site, so we encourage you to share your thoughts and experiences with other participants.

Re: Welcome to the KadmusArts Forum!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 08:16:55 AM » by Jonathan
The site looks great!

Congratulations!!

jds

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 09:33:44 AM » by celeste
I agree.  Really cool site.  Can't wait to see more.  Here are a few thoughts/questions I had in going through it: 

How do you get back to the home page when you are looking at a country page?  Is there a "Home" button that I missed?  If not, I think you should put a "Home" type button on every page.  Maybe up on the top right near the blog  and other buttons.

The map -- I like the idea of finding festivals by scrolling over the map but find it difficult to use for a few reasons:
*   The color-coding is not obvious until you click on a few countries and figure out that white means no festival information currently available.  (I, of course, clicked on a couple of white countries before a green one, so I was slow to figure out what was going on).  What about a simple code box: Green = festival information available.  White = festival information not currently available.
*   Once you zoom in on a country (by clicking it), how do you zoom back out so you can go and check out another country's festivals?
*   I couldn't figure out how to zoom into small countries until a techie friend of mine showed me how to draw a box with my mouse.  This was NOT intuitive to me.  If that's the way it is, I think it should be explained.  A lot of us who are interested in festivals are not that tech-savvy and could use a hint.
Keep up the good work!

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 07:17:10 PM » by BigBro
Really enjoy what I see and I'm looking forward to seeing more

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 08:44:52 AM » by Ruben
Celeste, the KadmusArts logo (the three figures) will take you back to the home page from any other page on the site. For the map, there are two ways to zoom out:
- clicking on any body of water will zoom out;
- holding down the "control" key on the keyboard while clicking displays a menu that allows you to zoom out.

Many thanks for the comments - one of our goals in the beta testing stage is to find out which aspects of the interface are working for site visitors, and which ones need adjustments or additional information cues.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 09:22:42 AM » by Jurga
Hey,

My warmest congratulations for the team of KadmusArts!  Smiley Wish you all the best and believe this briliant idea of connecting people will work realy effectively.

(Read 4915 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Members List
Login
Register

ForumStats

990 Posts
783 Topics
187257 Members