Without Walls Weekend WOW
Photo credits: See Practical information below
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United States — California|
|Type of Festival||Drama|
|Location of Festival||San Diego and La Jolla, California, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
La Jolla Playhouse
The inaugural edition of the theatre festival takes place in 2013 at site specific locations of the presenters in San Diego and La Jolla. Some performanes take place in the water, some on parking lots, some on the beach. This is not your typical festival — but one that stretches beyond the traditional to where audiences are made to feel they are as much involved as the actors.
|Festival Dates||October 3 - 6, 2013|
- Surf’s Up, and So Is the Curtain at This Festival, by Ian Lovett (The New York Times, October 8, 2013)
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
Photo slideshow credits:
- In order of appearance
- Sara Watkins was joined by brother Sean Watkins on the Without Walls Music Stage on Oct 5. Photo by Daniel Norwood.
- The Playhouse-commissioned SEAFOAM SLEEPWALK, by renowned puppetry artist Basil Twist performed at La Jolla Shores beach during La Jolla Playhouse’s inaugural Without Walls (WoW) Festival October 3 - 6, 2013; photo by Sandy Huffaker.
- Kamchatka, the Spanish performance troupe, performed their signature piece at La Jolla Playhouse’s inaugural Without Walls (WoW) Festival October 3 - 6, 2013; photo by Laura Zingle.
- The New Children’s Museum presents “Flower Power” with artist Amy Mayfield during their Mass Creativity Day events on Saturday, October 5 as part of La Jolla Playhouse’s inaugural Without Walls Festival.