Quiet Music Festival of Portland
|Country and Region||United States — Oregon|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Portland, Oregon, USA|
The annual Quiet Music Festival of Portland celebrates “soothecore”, a new dimension of emotional, vibrant, and low volume music honoring of the quiet act of listening. The two-day event takes place at local arts and cultural organization Disjecta and is made possible with support from Generic Surplus.
Showcasing a new era of “ear love” for its growing circle of friends, the Quiet Music Festival of Portland will feature a variety of performances interpreting low volume, deep-sonic meditations. Many favorite artists from across the country will be returning to the festival as well as new ones to discover — all who have created performances exclusively for the event. Johanson adds, “This year’s lineup will kiss people’s ears”.
|Festival Dates||May 31 - June 1, 2013|
- Rare solo performances by Heidi Alexander, Meg Baird and cellist Lori Goldston.
- Unwind with legendary hip-hop musician Money Mark as he mixes beats from drum loops, turntables, and keyboards, and escape with Peggy Honeywell’s, also known as artist Clare Rojas, acoustic songs and guitar melodies.
- Mira Billotte of White Magic leads a set of fourth-dimensional vibrations and shamanic trance, Volunteers Park transforms collisions of high and low art into dreamy ambient compositions, and Tara Jane Oneil’s multi-piece act fuses stone age technology with electronic devices, creating melodic, experimental music.
- Michael Henrickson invokes energy with his solo performance combining different percussions. Float along with Brian Mumford and Dragging An Ox Through Water’s folk and country melodies. And a three-piece set from Sun Foot.
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811