Photos: Terraneo Festival Croatia
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Croatia — Sibensko-Kninska|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Sibenik, Sibensko-Kninska, Croatia|
|Festival Contact Information|
Terraneo Festival Production Office
Introducing Terraneo, a new festival in Croatia in the heart of the Dalmatian coastline, held in a disused military facility on the outskirts of the picturesque town of Sibenik. Taking place in August the 3-day music programme will feature over 120 music acts on 3 open-air stages and 2 DJ stages attracting music lovers in search of world-class performances, glistening seas and endless sunshine.
During the festival the disused military facility transforms into a bustling little town with an especially warm and intimate atmosphere. With an eclectic music programme featuring live performances and DJ sets from international acts, a non-stop party zone, workshops and lectures, exhibitions and performances, entertainment, ecology, bathing in the sea and the sun. There will also be the Terraneo camp. All in all, Terraneo is a music festival that offers a whole week of unforgettable summer of fun in the sun.
Terraneo aims to develop and nurture the concept of socially responsible and environmentally conscious entertainment. Furthermore, its goal is to promote the natural wealth and beauty of the region; to present Sibenik and Croatia as contemporary and attractive tourist destinations. Above all, Terraneo strives to be fun, to spread positive energy into the most relaxed time of year and to give visitors the opportunity to enjoy the music of popular names of the domestic music scene.
|Festival Dates||August 7 - 9, 2013|
Announced lineup 2013:
- My Bloody Valentine
- Azealia Banks
- The Bots
- Wu Tang Clan
- Kawasaki 3P
- Svi Na pod
- Icarus Dawn
- The Prodigy
- Red Bull Music Academy
- Aloe Blac
- The Cribs
- Duncan Sheik
- Bosnian Rainbows
- Mambo Kurt
- KOAN Sound
- Straight Mickey and the Boyz
Life’s a beach! 2013:
- As well as the all the amazing acts, one of the main attractions of this year’s festival will be Terrane beach, located in the area of the former barracks Minerska. There will be a restaurant and a stage with DJ’s playing during the day making it the ideal central location for festival goers to swim, socialize, relax and have fun. An interesting fact related about these barracks is that one of the most successful Croatian comedy movie ‘How the War Started on My Island’ was filmed here.
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
- The campsite for visitors is located within the festival site, with a capacity for 3,500 people. The campsite opens the day before the official start of the festival, on Tuesday, August 6th at 10 am and closes on Saturday, August 10th at 4:00pm. The closest hotel is the Solaris Hotel Resort and there are also various hostels.
- More accommodation info can be found online here http://www.terraneofestival.com/info/smjestaj/?lang=en
- By Air — Nearby airports are located in Split or Zadar: Zadar Airport (distance 70 km), Split Airport (distance 90 km). Other airports are Zagreb and Dubrovnik.
- By Train — The most environmentally friendly way to travel is the good old train. Train travel has always been a special experience and amazingly enough, Croatia has trains too. Mandalina train station in Sibenik is located only a 10-minute walk from the festival venue. Find out more about train timetables and connections at: http://www.hzpp.hr/Default.aspx?sec=282
- By Sea — Another wonderful thing about Terraneo is that it can also be reached by boat, yacht, canoe or even through your own swimming abilities. Sibenik Harbour is connected to all the neighbouring islands and towns by regular daily passenger ship and ferry lines: Vodice, Prvic, Kaprije, Zirje and Zlarin. Zadar harbour has regular daily ferry lines to Italy (Ancona), and our coastal towns and islands: Ugljan, Biograd, Pasman, Dugi otok and Iz.
- Split harbour has regular daily ferry lines to Italy (Ancona), and our coastal towns and islands: Split, Solta, Brac. Hvar, Vis, Drvenik and Vela Luka. Split and Zadar harbours also run passenger lines: Rijeka-Zadar-Split-Korcula-Bari (IT).
- Since Terraneo Festival is located in the immediate vicinity of two marinas (Mandalina and Solaris), yachtsmen are welcomed to cast anchor in Sibenik for a few nights and enjoy the party at Terraneo.
- Ferry and boat timetables and routes: http://www.jadrolinija.hr/default.aspx?lang=2