All Tomorrow's Parties Iceland
|Country and Region||Iceland — Southern Peninsula|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Keflavík, Southern Peninsula, Iceland|
Described as the “ultimate mix tape”, All Tomorrow’s Parties is a boutique festival that goes against the grain of the larger, more commercial music festivals - with quality and customer experience coming first - presenting award winning sound and acclaimed organisation.
Since 2000 it has spread its ethos of uniquely intimate and eclectic events through the UK and onwards to Spain, Australia, Japan and the USA. Now, after having for many years hosted the best of Icelandic musicians at events outside of their home, ATP are very proud to announce our first All Tomorrow’s Parties festival in Iceland.
|Festival Dates||June 28 - 29, 2013|
All Tomorrow’s Parties has been promoting festivals and concerts throughout the world for almost fourteen years. It was founded in the wake of Belle and Sebastian’s Bowlie Weekender, with Mogwai curating in the unusual setting of Pontins Holiday Camp, Camber Sands, UK. Since then the festival has appeared every year and has expanded across the globe continuing to set itself apart from large scale corporate festivals by staying intimate and fan-friendly. The line-ups are often chosen by significant bands or artists which results in eclectic events that combine performances by legendary and influential acts with appearances by the latest crop of experimental artists from any (and every) musical genre. The festival has become more successful with every passing year, and ATP events have taken place in the UK, USA, Europe and Australia, with past curators including Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Mike Patton, My Bloody Valentine, Portishead, Sonic Youth, Slint, and Tortoise. In 2011 ATP launched a new series of curated city-based events called I’ll Be Your Mirror, with events so far taking place in Tokyo, London, Asbury Park New Jersey, New York City and Melbourne. ATP has set itself apart from other festivals by embracing seemingly disparate artistic genres, with events featuring art exhibitions, cinema programmes, spoken word performances and stand up comedy. It’s been called ‘Unforgettable’ by Spin and ‘the most enjoyable festival experience of our reporter’s life’ by Pitchfork. It has spawned an acclaimed concert series (Don’t Look Back), a record label (ATP Recordings), and the release of a feature length documentary.
- Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
- Chelsea Light Moving
- The Fall
- The Notwist
- Thee Oh Sees
- Dead Skeletons
- Valgeir Sgurdsson
- Puzzle Muteson
- Organ Quartet
- Snorri Helagson
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
- There are two types of ticket available - with or without accommodation - both types are on sale now from www.atpfestival.com at limited Early Bird Prices
- Type 1 - without accommodation:
A normal festival ticket which allows access to the event without accommodation. These are currently at the Early Bird price of 90.60 Euros + booking fee per person (full price will be 105 Euros).
- Type 2 - with accommodation:
A festival ticket including apartment accommodation. These are a limited amount of festival tickets that include two nights accommodation in private apartments at the Bed And Breakfast Keflavík, a very short walk from the event. Each apartment has shared kitchen facilities with cooking/dining utensils included. Two apartments share one bathroom; which has either a shower or bath and of course a sink & toilet. Bedding is included. Check in for accommodation is from 12pm noon on Friday 28th June and checkout is by 12pm noon on Sunday 30th.
- The 2 berth:
Twin accommodation includes two festival passes and an apartment for two people for the Friday and Saturday nights. These rooms have two single beds. Early Bird price for 2 people: 400 EUR + booking fee including 2 festival tickets (full price will be 440 Euros).
- Type 1 - without accommodation:
- ATP Iceland will be held at Ásbrú, the former NATO base in Keflavík, Iceland. The former NATO base dates back to 1941 and the last US military personnel left in 2006. The site is located only 5 minutes away from Iceland’s main international airport, 15 minutes from the famous Blue Lagoon and 30 minutes from Reykjavík. The festival site will host two indoor stages and a cinema with films picked by ATP and the bands, as well as the usual ATP extracurricular activities like DJs, Pop Quiz (hosted by Dr. Gunni - musician, music writer and host of pop quiz TV show Popppunktur for eight seasons) and much more. The capacity for the intimate festival is just 4000 people.