Dance Gallery Festival - Huntsville
|Country and Region||United States — Texas|
|Type of Festival||Dance|
|Location of Festival||Huntsville, Texas, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
Astrid von Ussar
The Dance Gallery Festival is produced and curated by VON USSAR danceworks under the artistic direction of Astrid von Ussar and Mojca Ussar. Founded to address the scarcity of affordable venues available for presentation of modern dance, the festival showcases the works of both established and emerging choreographers in a state of the art theater. The festival takes place annually in New York City and Huntsville, Texas.
|Festival Dates||October 4 - 6, 2013|
Call for choreographers 2013:
- Deadline for submissions is April 22, 2013
- Application Fee: $50
- The Dance Gallery 2013, a international dance festival in its seventh year, is looking for concert dance choreographers. The Festival offers performances in New York City and Huntsville, Texas at Sam Houston State University. This is an exciting opportunity for choreographers to present larger and smaller works in a fully produced dance festival, teach master classes and be considered for future residencies. As a part of our continued mission to find up-and-coming choreographic talent at the international level, the Dance Gallery Festival is proud to continue our latest addition to our festival activities Level UP. Level UP serves as a performance showcase for three talented dance companies/choreographers that are ready to advance to the next level in the development and promotion of their work. Each company will receive 25 minutes of performance time at the prestigious Ailey Citigroup Theatre and a small stipend. Last years company’s were: IMEE, Stefanie Nelson Dancegroup and BARKIN/SELISSEN PROJECT. In response to the high volume of solo, duet and trio submissions that the Dance Gallery Festival receives every year, we are adding a NEW event to the NYC festival specifically designed to showcase works with a smaller cast. This showcase, entitled Dance Gallery UP Close will present fully produced solos, duets and trios of the highest quality.
- Your work will be considered for all our festival performances unless you specify otherwise. If you are selected to participate in the festival the directors will let you know for what event your work has been chosen.
- To download the application please go to the website at
- For more information contact Astrid von Ussar at: email@example.com