I'll Be Your Mirror Melbourne
|Country and Region||Australia — Victoria|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Festival Contact Information|
February 16 - 17, 2013
Described as the “ultimate mix tape”, All Tomorrow’s Parties is a boutique festival that goes against the grain of the larger, more commercial music festivals — with quality and customer experience coming first — presenting award winning sound and acclaimed organisation.
Each new All Tomorrow’s Parties event invites an artist or band to handpick their favourite performers to play at the festival. In 2009 ATP presented its inaugural Australian series of events headlined and curated by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds at Mt Buller Victoria, Cockatoo Island Sydney and Riverstage Brisbane to widespread critical acclaim. I’ll Be Your Mirror Festivals take place in select cities in across the globe.
|Festival Dates||February 16 - 17, 2013|
All Tomorrow’s Parties has been promoting festivals and concerts throughout the world. It was founded in the wake of Belle and Sebastian’s Bowlie Weekender, with Mogwai curating in the unusual setting of Pontins Holiday Camp, Camber Sands, UK. Since then the festival has appeared every year and has expanded across the globe continuing to set itself apart from large scale corporate festivals by staying intimate and fan-friendly. The line-ups are chosen by significant bands or artists which results in eclectic events that combine performances by legendary and influential acts with appearances by the latest crop of experimental artists from any (and every) musical genre. The festival has become more successful with every passing year, and ATP events have taken place in the UK, USA, Europe and Australia, with past curators including Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Mike Patton, My Bloody Valentine, Portishead, Sonic Youth, Slint, and Tortoise. In 2011 ATP l aunched a new series of curated city-based events called I’ll Be Your Mirror, with events so far taking place in Tokyo, London and Asbury Park, New Jersey. ATP has set itself apart from other festivals by embracing seemingly disparate artistic genres, with events featuring art exhibitions, cinema programmes, spoken word performances and stand up comedy. It’s been called ‘Unforgettable’ by Spin and ‘the most enjoyable festival experience of our reporter’s life’ by Pitchfork. It has spawned an acclaimed concert series (Don’t Look Back), a record label (ATP Recordings), and the release of a feature length documentary about the festivals from Warp Films, titled All Tomorrow’s Parties, out now on DVD.
- Saturday, February 16 — curated by ATP
- my bloody valentine
- Godspeed You! Black Emperor
- The Dead C
- Thee Oh Sees
- Sleepy Sun
- plus more…
- Sunday, February 17 — curated by The Drones
- The Drones
- Beasts Of Bourbon (original line-up)
- Einstürzende Neubauten
- Lost Animal
- Cam Butler & The Shadows Of Love
- plus more…
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
- Westgate Entertainment Centre and Grand Star Reception
Altona, Melbourne, Victoria
- A unique aspect of ATP’s I’ll Be Your Mirror is the location, offering both indoor and outdoor space just a stones throw from the CBD. The Westgate Entertainment Centre and Grand Star Receptions — two venues in one complex in Altona - just 13km away from the centre of Melbourne. There will be two stages, a cinema, art exhibition and an amazing food court.