Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United States — New York|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||New York, New York, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
The inaugural Catalpa Festival will kick off in New York City on July 2012 with a line up to be the year’s most unique and original music and lifestyle event. Taking place on the remarkable Randall’s Island, just to the Eastern side of Manhattan, the festival is set beautifully to the backdrop of the world’s most famous skyline.
Catalpa is about creating a truly authentic, fresh and unique musical experience featuring over 50 artists that traverse many styles and genres from rock and indie to hip-hop, reggae and the world of electronic music.
For Frisky as event producers, creating an enhanced setting and original event experience far beyond the standard is the basis of how we operate. We strive to provide not only the very best of the basic elements but also to create a visual and aesthetic overload that further enhances this already stunning setting by developing thought provoking art installations, bespoke event structures and enough unique elements to transform people out of the city and into a world more fantastic. This is Catalpa, a festival experience that music fans can appreciate for its genuine diversity, uniqueness and style.
|Festival Dates||July 28 - 29, 2012|
- The Black Keys
- Snoop Dogg
- TV On The Radio
- City and Colour
- Umphrey’s McGee
- The Big Pink
- Felix Da Housecat
- Fort Atlantic
- and many more…
Arcadia Spectacular 2012:
- Arcadia is a sculpture-based organization that takes military scrap and turns it on its head to create positive environments for the purpose of celebrating life. Their structure known as ‘The Afterburner’ will be making it’s debut North American appearance at Catalpa Festival. This is a mind-blowing spire that shoots giant 30ft flame balls from its peak and contains DJs playing from within. Surrounded by a high-powered sound system and an incredible lighting system, New York City will have never seen anything like this!
Frisky’s church of sham marriages 2012:
- The 60ft inflatable Church of Sham marriages is to ensure that any sudden urges for marriage proposals (sham or legitimate) during Catalpa can be dealt with on the spot! We will have our full time pimp pastor on hand at all times throughout the weekend to conduct ceremonies and he will provide wedding veils, candy wedding rings and ‘just married’ sashes for all the happy couples. We want people to get creative here. Straight, gay, three-way or even group marriages are all accepted. Heck, you can even marry yourself if you feel like it! While we do accept walk-ups, we are predicting the demand for sham marriages to be high during the weekend. If you would like to book your spot then please feel free to send us a mail and we’ll slot you in. If anybody is legitimately looking to get married or renew vows during Catalpa Festival we would be delighted to arrange this, provide a city clerk for the registration and cover all costs for you. We’re NOT joking!!! firstname.lastname@example.org
Silent Disco Tent 2012:
- The Silent Disco tent at Catalpa Festival is an experience that you don’t want to miss out on. Listen to DJs playing in the tent through wireless headphones while you dance and sing along at the top of your voice. Don’t worry, nobody else in the tent can hear you, they will all be doing the same thing!
Art Installations 2012:
- Catalpa Festival is entirely based on the notion of taking people out of their ordinary environment and into an atmosphere more fantastic. We believe that this needs to come across aesthetically in every facet of the weekend so we have invested a lot of time and effort to source the most visually stunning, interactive and thought provoking art installations to achieve this goal. Artists from New York, European festivals and even Burning Man are contributing to what we can assure you will be a visual overload!
A Taste of New York at Catalpa:
- This area of Catalpa Festival will serve as a homage to all things gastronomic in New York. We are carefully selecting the most unique and top quality eateries to participate at Catalpa. From the farmers market to stone-fire pizzas, we aim to offer a culinary profile far beyond your expectations.
- If you like this festival — listen to…
- Dave Foran, producer of Catalpa Festival
- Dave Foran, producer of Catalpa Festival
- Randall’s Island Park
Located along the East River nestled between Manhattan, Queens and the Bronx.