International Music Festival LABA DABA (Good Nature)
Photos courtesy of Event agency “Good Chemistry”. Photographers: Eduards Lakis, Girts Luste, Ieva Jakusonoka, Kalvis Kalsers, Kristaps Eberlins.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Latvia — Cesu|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Ratnieki, Cesu Rajons, Latvia|
|Festival Contact Information|
Phone: +371 67211040
LABA DABA is and international music festival whose lineup features more than 50 bands and DJs (reggae, ska, dub step, folk, among others) performing on four stages and a special stage for children. The festival will take place in Ratnieki, located in the Līgatnes county, of the Cesu Rajons. On offer will be quality music performed the national and international artists — distinguished personalities. In addition there will be the opportunity to take part in various sports and artistic activities suitable for all age groups that include families with children as well as corporate groups.
The event received the annual award in 2011 that was bestowal to the best original events and concerts in Latvia from Latvian association of event producers (LaPPA). The festival’s producer is Full service event agency Good Chemistry in corporation with radio NABA. Organizers are grateful for the prestigious award.
|Festival Dates||August 2 - 4, 2013|
The main idea of the LABADABA festival is an unconventional program which continuously searches for and offers something new and unseen so far in other music festivals in Latvia. The aim of the festival organizers is to create an atmosphere which reflects the festival’s name that translates to “Good Nature” — LABADABA is a summer festival characterized by a welcoming attitude towards people, events and nature: GOOD human NATURE which is considerate of and does well to itself and its surroundings; GOOD live NATURE which must be preserved; GOOD, high quality music, entertainment and experience gained outdoors. LABADABA is a whole set of feelings — preparing your rucksack, packing the tent, squinting your eyes in the sunlight, freeing your ideas, dancing, playing badminton, enjoying the music, accidental spill of a fuzzy drink in the grass, and an unexpected “hello”!
Announced international lineup 2012:
- Dub Syndicate (Jamaica)
- Audiences will be entertained by the world wide known reggae music band Dub Syndicate. Dub Syndicate is a dub band, formed by Adrian Sherwood, which is an English record producer, best known for his work with dub music as well as for remixing a number of popular acts such as Coldcut, Depeche Mode, The Woodentops, Primal Scream, Pop Will Eat Itself, Sinéad O’Connor, and Skinny Puppy.
- Spiritual Seasons (Ukraine)
- Founded in 1994, Spiritual Seasons, from Kharkov, Ukraine up until 2004 existed purely as a studio project. Initially, the collective style could be defined as British folk ballad. However, during 2001 a repertoire of Irish folk began to appear and these two distinct styles form the group’s artistic foundation.
- Solitude (UK)
- Solitude is a musician from the UK who likes chocolate and airlines without baggage fees. His musical genre is more or less 2-step/ Dub/Experimental. Solitude has performed in several countries — Bulgaria, Poland, Sweden, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and more. Now the Latvian dub step fans will have the opportunity to enjoy the artist’s qualitative performance.
- Clubroot (UK)
- Personified by a hazy atmospheric dub step performed by the young performer, Daniel Richmond (akao Clubroot) will fit in well to the festival program. Clubroot travels from his home in England where he made his full-length album debut in 2009 and in 2010 produced a second album. He was initially influenced by drum’n’bass (e.g., Ed Rush, Optical) before taking an interest in the burgeoning dub step style.
- The Capital Beat (Finland)
- Eight guys from music group The Capital Beat have the hearts of the Jamaican sun. The band’s unreleased material (Ska/Reggae/Soul) has been played widely outside Finland’s borders — hitting the air waves on college radio in the US as well as smaller stations in Europe, Asia and Australia.
Latvian lineup 2012:
- Haralds Simanis
- Pulse effect
- Sound religion
- Suna stunda
- Sus dungo
- Dzeltenie pastnieki
- and others…
- Individual tickets 14,00Ls
- Five person group ticket for 60,00Ls
- Special offer for teenagers aged 12-18 years 10,00Ls
- Children aged 12 years old and under entrance is free
- Tickets are available at all Biļešu serviss booking offices and at http://www.bilesuserviss.lv/eng