Short Play Theatre Festival
|Country and Region||Romania — Bihor|
|Type of Festival||Drama|
|Location of Festival||Oradea, Bihor, Romania|
|Festival Contact Information|
Teatrul Regina Maria
The Short Play Theatre Festival invites all professional theatre to submit proposals for the festival’s competitive program. The Short Play Theatre Festival, the only festival in Romania, dedicated to the play in one act, is a cultural manifestation with a longevity equalled by few festivals in the country — the first edition took place in 1976.
Starting with 1984, at its VIth edition, the Short Play Theatre Festival became international. People in Oradea had the opportunity to see performances from Hungary, Italy, France, Croatia, Czech Republic, Moldova and also Japan. Important people in the artistic industry that include actors, directors, dancers, scenographers, critics and also personalities of the Romanian cultural life joined the festival.
The structure of the festival has 3 sections: the contest section, the section of the invited performances and the section for the club and street performances. The purpose of this festival is to create a space of reflection on the theatrical act, to stimulate the contemporary creation by performing short plays and also to facilitate the access of the public to the cultural act by exploiting unconventional spaces and supporting young artists in the theatre.
The Short Play Theatre Festival’s competitive section presents selected short play performances that are selected through an application and review process. The performances are limited to not exceed the of maximum 90 minutes (with no intermission). If an applicant’s play is selected, the The Short Play Theatre Festival will send applicant a formal invitation to the festival. The festival is a competitive event whose jury consists of 5 personalities in the Romanian theatre industry will grant the following prizes: Best Show, Best Director, Best Scenographer, Best Actor, and Best Actress.
The Short Play Theatre Festival is organized by Queen Mary Theatre, with the support of the Bihor County Council and the Oradea City Hall.
|Festival Dates||September 23 - 30, 2012|
- The selected performances in the contest section must fit the Short Play specifications (duration of maximum 90 minutes and no intermission).
- The application form and all supporting material must be received by no later than August 1, 2012. We recommend that your application include a DVD and still photos of your production, along with a complete list of technical specifications (sound and lighting requirements, stage plans, etc.).
- If your production is selected, the The Short Play Theatre Festival will send you a formal invitation.
- The accommodation, food, and travel expenses within Romania will be covered by the festival committee. However, the participating groups will have to cover their own flight /export expenses. Airline tickets and scenery or other freight shipping costs will not be covered. The organizers offer free technical assistance for each artistic crew that will participate at the festival.
- If possible, organizers will allow free access to other performances in the festival.
- Number in your party
- Your production’s total cast and crew for the contest section may not exceed five 25 people. For the street and club section the cast and crew may not exceed 15 people and the performance do not have to fit the short play specification.
- Where to send application
- Please send your application form and supporting documentation to the following address:
Queen Mary Theatre, 6 King Ferdinand 1st Square, 410021, Oradea, Bihor, Romania
With mention: “For the Short Play Theatre Festival”
- Please send your application form and supporting documentation to the following address: Queen Mary Theatre, 6 King Ferdinand 1st Square, 410021, Oradea, Bihor, Romania
- For additional information, you can contact us at Phone no: 0259 436592, or Fax: 0259 417864, or Email: email@example.com