Glass Butter Beach Festival
Benjamin Francis Leftwich; Drum Sound & Bassline Smith; Friends Electric; Have a Go; and Wakeboarder Karlee-Anne Mackie.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||United Kingdom — Wales|
|Type of Festival||Comedy, Music|
|Location of Festival||Llanbedrog, Cardigan Bay, North Wales, UK|
|Festival Contact Information|
Glass Butter Beach is a multi-action sports, music and beach culture festival brought to you by Abersoch based events management and publishing company Sensation Group and international production company, VME. The event takes place at Cardigan Bay, North Wales — the action sports capital of Wales! The programming incorporates the sports of Surf, Wake, Skate & BMX with great live music, DJs, comedy and other engrossing entertainment.
|Festival Dates||August 16 - 17, 2013|
The inspiration behind the festival comes from Sensation Group’s CEO Mark Durston, founder and organiser for 11 years of the Wakestock festival and publisher of Syndicate Wakeboard Magazine, the UK’s leading publication for the sport. Mark has a life long passion for water sports, music and good times — a combination that’s at the heart of his new event.
MUSIC & ARTISTS 2011:
- The line up of bands and DJs for GBB.11 is awesome and combines some established acts, lots of new music and great local talent, all to be revealed over the next few weeks. Some of the acts that are already announced include:
- RIZZLE KICKS
- BENJAMIN FRANCIS LEFTWICH
- FRIENDS ELECTRIC
- PETE LAWRIE
- TIM LYALL
- BRANDON BLOCK
- SATURDAY NIGHT HEROES
- EZ & DJ BUZZWORD
- DEAF BY DISCO
- COWBOIS RHOS BOTWNNOG
- THE KICKBACKS
- An eclectic mix of entertainment
- To keep everyone fully absorbed including some feel good classics, acoustic sets on the beach, a bit of comedy, a movie night and lots lots more. It’s all about good times both on the beach and up on the festival site with 3 stages to enjoy. The GLASS Open Air Stage, the BUTTER Tented Stage & the BEACH Stage.
THE CORE ACTION SPORTS 2011:
- The festival will focus on 4 core sports at an International level; Surf, Wake, Skate & BMX where you can marvel at some of the sports best athletes in the world as they compete for their respective titles. Professional Free Surfer Karlee-Anne Mackie from Australia has already been confirmed for the event and said: “I’m stoked to be part of this new surfing event and look forward to checking out this great surf spot in North Wales. As a free surfer I haven’t competed for several years but the festival sparked my interest with its combination of the sports, music and awesome location. I’m looking forward to a great weekend.”
HAVE A GO:
- Join in
- What sets the event apart from other well-loved music festivals is that those attending can join in! Glass Butter Beach is offering instruction and hire for surfing, wakeboarding, skateboarding, BMX, stand up paddle boarding, windsurfing, wakesurfing and beach volleyball. Participants will receive instruction from top riders and fully qualified instructors to either learn from scratch or improve their standard to competition level. The festival site will also include a VIP area, fairground, great bars with seating that overlooks Cardigan Bay, a bar on the beach, surf market (retail area), half pipe for skate and BMX, boutique style food areas a mini cinema and activity area. Camping will also be available for 3,000 people with general and VIP camping on offer. This is a truly unique camping opportunity with a chance to watch the sunset overlooking Cardigan Bay.
About the venue:
- Glass Butter Beach boasts one of the most outstanding locations and backdrops to any summer festival. Flat grass fields and a golden sandy beach all licensed for the event, overlooking Cardigan Bay and a view across to St. Tudwal’s islands and the Snowdonia mountians, the location in Llanbedrog, near Abersoch in North Wales is exceptional. Glass Butter Beach is a new multi-action sport, music and beach culture festival set in beautiful North Wales. The festival is brought to you by the founder of the 25,000 capacity Wakestock festival and is poised to achieve rapid growth and huge credibility on the festival calendar.
- On sale online via Ticketmaster or through the Glass Butter Beach Box Office on +44 01758 714000.
- Weekend — Adult £45
- Weekend — Junior (11 – 15 years of age) £25
- Weekend camping — Adult £65
- Weekend camping — Junior £40
- Day ticket — Adult £25
- Day ticket — Junior £15
- Children 10 & under FREE
- There are limited tickets available for this first year and the organisers will be giving ‘Butter Cards’ (a cool name for loyalty cards) to those that buy tickets for this first year so you get discounts & the chance to get your tickets first in future years. Mark Durston the organiser recognizes the importance of the local audience and stated “It is in the first years that the local audience is inherently strongest and we want to ensure they get the chance to hold on to a festival that’s theirs, even when the numbers attending grows, so they can enjoy it for many years to come”.