Short and Sweet Melbourne
Wildcard Finals: "Game On"; "Revenge"; and "Delayed", all photos by Christine Pizzuti.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Australia — Victoria|
|Type of Festival||Drama|
|Location of Festival||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Festival Contact Information|
Contact Joanne at
Created more than a decade ago by Sydneysider Mark Cleary, Short+Sweet Festivals now run across Australia as well as six other countries worldwide. Short+Sweet is renowned for nurturing new talent, with a number of artists going on to perform at national and international Fringe Festivals and musicals, and win major awards.
|Festival Dates||November 20 - December 9, 2012|
- Award-winning Melbourne actor and impro-artist extraordinaire, Jenny Lovell, in In The Parlour
- Up-and-coming actor / director Matt O’Reilly in Ringwood ** Taylor Klaus in My Little Shtetl, the life story of Taylor Klaus’s 98-year-old grandma, told partly in Yiddish with the backing of a Klezmer band.
- New dance works by international award-winning choreographers Charmaine Dully (Canada, Ireland) and Lina Limonsani (Chunky Move, Australian Dance Theatre; Scotland, Holland)
- ‘Creature of the night’, Zak Love, featuring costumes designed by Poly Filla
- Tragicomical bride, Lucy Gransbury, in Dragostea Mea
- Star of Rock Of Ages, Rachel Dunham, playing Oprah Winfrey in Oprahfication
- Cabaret favourite Kitty Bang (Kate Boston Smith) in A Very Kitty Christmas
- An understudy who dreams of finally getting the top gig, new mum Amanda Buckley in Hayley Burton — Ready To Role.
- Chapel off Chapel
12 Little Chapel Street