St. Catharines International Busker Festival
|Country and Region||Canada — Ontario|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada|
|Festival Contact Information|
Kelly Daniels, Artistic Director
Worldwide talent to descend on Buskerfest Niagara in downtown Niagara Falls Amid the historic and funky shops and restaurants on Queen Street in Niagara Falls, Buskerfest Niagara comes to life at the end of August 2012.
From Friday, August 31 - Sunday, September 2, 2012, Buskerfest Niagara will bring acts from around the world showcasing three days of colourful street performances by more than 20 world-class talented buskers. The extraordinary and bizarre talents at this year’s festival will provide outdoor amusement for all, unlike any other festival in the Niagara Region.
Downtown Queen Street is not only a great setting, but an easy way to experience some of the biggest and best names - from acrobats, jugglers, daredevils, aerialists, stilt walkers, contortionists, and magicians.
Buskerfest Niagara was created in 2011 by Kelly Daniels and Ric Reid of Lyndesfarne Theatre Projects (LTP). Last year’s Busker Festival held in downtown St. Catharines brought smiles and laughter to close to 20,000 people in three days. The newly revitalized Queen Street District is proud to be partnering with Lyndesfrane Theatre Projects to bring a great event like Buskerfest to Niagara.
|Festival Dates||August 31 - September 2, 2012|
- The Festival is comprised of five stages stationed along Queen Street where performances will rotate from morning until evening each day. Some acts for the 2012 Festival include:
- Dream State Circus (UK)
- Funny Bones (UK and Japan)
- Jack Wise (Ireland)
- Bendy Em (Australia)
- Monsters of Schlock (Niagara Falls)
- Alex Kazam (St. Catharines)
- Chalkmaster Dave (Montreal)
- The Checkerboard Guys (Vancouver)
- Silver Elvis (Grimsby/TO)
- Kobbler Jay (Beamsville)
- Rueben Dot (Germany)
- Lisa Lottie (Netherlands)
- The Street Olympics - Rob Roy Collins (UK)