Rowan Blues and Jazz Festival
|Country and Region||United States — North Carolina|
|Type of Festival||Music|
|Location of Festival||Salisbury, North Carolina, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
Eleanor Qadirah, Producer
The family-friendly annual festival takes place in downtown historic Salisbury. The grassroots festival is headed up by Eleanor Qadirah, the founder, producer, curator, organizer, publicist as well as the wearer of many other hats. The roster of artists includes legendary acts as well as new faces on the jazz and blues scene. There will be food, beverage and other vendors on site for the one day event. Bring your blanket or lawn chair and make yourself at home. For those those interested in VIP seating you will have stage front seating and a hospitality service on hand to make your festival experience event more pleasant.
|Festival Dates||October 19, 2013|
- Gates open at 1:00pm at the Blues and Jazz festival. Local elementary school band, Mini Funk Factory will kick off the festival at 2:00pm. In addition, there will be Arts, Craft and International food vendors will be available. Bring your own comfortable chairs and blankets for October weather. This is a family friendly and handicap accessible event with activities for all ages. No pets or coolers are allowed.
- A storytelling festival tribute to the Late Jackie Torrence will feature renowned storytellers and Fruteland Jackson at the Rowan County Public Library 201 West Fisher Street, Salisbury NC. Free to the public. Runs from 1-:00am to 1:00pm. Storyteller, Beverly Burnett, president of the NC Association of Black Storytellers will facilitate this family friendly event.
- Fruteland Jackson
- Mac Arnold and the Plate Full of Blues
- Joe Robinson Jazz Band and Guest flutist
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
- The festival takes place in downtown Salisbury, located at 200 W. Fisher Street at South Church Street, Salisbury. It is located across from the main library. The festival runs from 2:00pm to 1:00pm