Festival of Ten-Minute Plays
|Country and Region||United States — New York|
|Type of Festival||Drama|
|Location of Festival||New York, New York, USA|
|Festival Contact Information|
John Chatterton at Where Eagles Dare is working up another festival, this time, it’s the ten-minute play! The inaugural festival’s subject is — Love and Death. The festival is open to all playwrights. See details below about how to submit your 10-minute play.
|Festival Dates||May 16 - 17, 2009|
Submission details 2009:
- Send no money!
- Email your script in Word format only to email@example.com.
- The next production dates are May 16 - 17, 2009, and the absolute submission deadline May 8, 2009.
- Performance dates
- Saturday at 8:00pm
- Sunday at 7:00pm
- Tech rehearsals
- Saturday 2:00pm
- Sunday 1:00pm
- Script details
Plays going up the same evening: Each play will be performed once. These dates leave you no time for second thoughts — better get cracking!
- Plays should fit on no more than 10 pages, in standard playscript format. Standard playscript format for us means the characters’ names in the middle, with stage directions indented, in 12 pt Times Roman with 1-in. margins all round. There should be a blank line above each centered character name. Add a title page with your name on it, the title of the play, contact info, and copyright notice. (Also put the title at the top of the playscript.) If the play is all monolog, better make it no more than 5 pages. (We’re aiming for that ten-minute limit, but it’s not an absolute requirement.)
- You produce your play, recruiting a director and cast, paying for rehearsal space, etc. (Where Eagles Dare will give you a hefty discount if you rehearse here.)
- Your play, if chosen, will go into 1 of 2 evenings of about 12 10-minute plays, for a total of about 24 plays per weekend. Each evening will comprise 2 acts of about 6 plays, with an intermission.
- What Where Eagles Dare provides
WED will provide shared scenery — rehearsal cubes, tables, chairs, etc. You must provide any hand props, which must be small enough to bring on — and take away after your show is over.
- Where Eagles Dare will promote your play, but you should too. Tickets for anyone but the playwright and director are $20. The playwright is comped, natch (to the program that contains his/her show only). The director will also be comped. If we don’t have enough seats to accommodate all patrons, we might seat playwrights and directors for the act in which their plays appear. Tell all your friends and relatives to buy tickets in advance — we expect to sell out!
- More details…
- There will be no Equity showcases
- There will be no reserved comps except press
- There will be no other reservations except for tickets sold in advance through SmartTix.
- Where Eagles Dare will endeavor to publish your play, unless you decline permission, in an anthology, at no charge to the playwright. (Royalties will be paid.)
- When possible, a videographer will record the proceedings. Copies are $25 for a whole evening, with titles and credits, including an individual video file of your play (also with titles and credits) suitable for posting on the Web.