Heineken Open'er Festival
Photos: Wojtek Rojek/Alter Art; Tomek Kamiński/Alter Art; and Wojtek Rojek/Alter Art respectively.
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Poland — Pomorskie|
|Type of Festival||Drama, Music|
|Location of Festival||Gdynia, Pomorskie, Poland|
|Festival Contact Information|
Since 2001 the annual Heineken Open’er Festival will take place in Gdynia, at the Gdynia-Kosakowo airfield. Heineken Open’er Festival is the largest Polish open-air music and performing arts festival and definitely the most important music event in Poland and Gdynia — a city in the north of Poland at the Baltic Sea coast. The Gdynia-Kosakowo Airfield is a 80 hectare space that containes so far 7 stages, around 120 artists, a "festival town" with merchandising area, gastronomic zones, camp site, beach, sea and sun, space for sports activities and multimedia, films, theatres and performances.
|Festival Dates||July 3 - 6, 2013|
Heineken Open’er Festival was first launched in Warsaw in 2002. This was a two-stage, one-day event with The Chemical Brothers performing. Since then, it developed into a four-day, seven-stage festival with over 130 artists playing. Renowned for its incredible atmosphere, the massive Gdynia - Kosakowo Airfield - unlike many festivals - doesn’t die after the headline act on Main Stage.
Situated at the Baltic coast lies the area of Gdynia. It is a special place on the Polish map, where people from more than 30 countries are meeting, enjoying the best performances and having the weekend of the year. The festival has a lot to offer: hundreds of artist, festival town, camp site, space for sports activities and multimedia, NGO, films, theatres and performances. 10 hectares are dedicated to true festival goers, where they can sleep in tents after the sun goes up. Clean beaches, best music and a various cuisine - associate all this with Heineken Open’er Festival. Open’er is definitely all about music: it is famed for bringing the finest acts from around the world!
Announced Lineup 2013:
- Blur - headliner
- Queens of the Stone Age - headliner
- Kings of Leon - headliner
- Arctic Monkeys - headliner
- Animal Collective
- Tame Impala
- Maria Peszek
Special performance 2013:
- Rihanna will perform in Poland on July, 7, 2013. The artist will give a special performance in Gdynia, the day after Open’er Festival, and the great news is you get to go to that show too.
- If you have a full 4-day festival ticket. Alternatively, you can buy tickets for just the Rhianna show: Tickets, at PLN 198 (approx. EUR 48) and 258 (Golden Circle, approx. EUR 62) on sale now.
- Rihanna performs at Gdynia-Kosakowo airfield, on the very same stage to feature Blur, Kings Of Leon, Queens Of The Stone Age and Arctic Monkeys over the 4 days of Open’er. Everyone with a 4-day ticket to Open’er Festival can attend the Rhianna show with no additional costs, and the campsite will be open at no additional cost too!
- Having just released her most recent, 7th studio album “Unapologetic”, and promoting it with concerts in 7 cities she flew to in Boeing 777, Rhianna makes her way to Poland for this extraordinary show. A first for Poland, and making the line-up for Open’er surely the best in Europe! Rihanna has sold over 41 million records and three times as many singles globally. She is the biggest artist on the two most important social networks. She has over 65 million fans on Facebook and her videos are the most popular on YouTube, with nearly 3 billion views. In the US, digital downloads of her music have been bought 150 million times, earning her a record in digital sales. It’s not surprising, since 1/4 of her singles has made it to #1 in the Billboard charts, a total of 18 Number Ones. In the UK, Rihanna has six No. 1 singles, equaling Madonna’s record of three consecutive albums on the top. Within four years, she released 4 albums, and Rihanna is already the proud owner of 6 Grammy Awards, 7 Billboard awards and many, many more. She will surely receive others with “Unapologetic”, her 7th production on the legendary Def Jam label, whose roster features Beastie Boys and Public Enemy,
European Festival Awards:
- Best Major Festival
The winner of the Best Major European Festival Award 2009, 2010 and 2011, Heineken Open’er Festival is famous for bringing the finest acts from around the world. European Festival Awards are the most important awards in Europe. It is the common initiative of Yourope (The Association of European Festivals), Eurosonic Noorderslag (the most important European music conference) and Virtual Festivals Europe that sums up the European festival season and rewards the most distinctive events, bands and festival organizers. Among the finalists in other categories there are Rock Werchter (Best Line-up), The Prodigy (Best Headline Act) and White Lies (Best Newcomer Artist) — both of the latter participated in the last edition of Open’er festival. It is important to notice that Open’er is popular not only among the fans and viewers but also among the bands. That’s why it was also nominated for the Artists’ Favourite Festival award.
- Babie Doły Airfield (Kosakowo)
- The festival is committed to a 100% PET plastic policy, even recently purchasing a state-of-the-art press to crush all the waste at the festival. Teaming up with Greenpeace, campers at Heineken Open’er will be able to charge mobile phones using a wind turbine and solar energy, further reducing the carbon footprint of the festival. Other initiatives see over 70% of the 80,000 visitors to the festival travel by public transport from the city centre of Gdynia in a deal between the city and SKM trains direct to the festival and back, costing festival-goers just about €3.
- 10 hectares of separated and guarded area
- Camp site available for 3-day ticket festival goers (approximately 11 thousand people)
- Camp site available for 5 days
- We provide our own infrastructure—toilets, showers, mobile phone charging facilities, barbeque area, shop and 24 hour gastronomy point