Dance in Vancouver
Photos: DIV Wen Wei; and Lola Dance (dancer—Ziyian Kwan) photo by David Cooper
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Canada — British Columbia|
|Type of Festival||Dance|
|Location of Festival||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Festival Contact Information|
The Dance Centre
Vancouver’s contemporary dance scene takes centre stage in Dance In Vancouver in November. This biennial event provides a unique opportunity to experience the energy and innovation of contemporary dance generated by local artists, with eight companies performing excerpts of new works and recent hits in four mixed programs. The 2011 edition features some of the West Coast’s most exciting companies, including Wen Wei Dance, the 605 Collective, the plastic orchid factory and MACHiNENOiSY, as well as fast-rising new voices such as Out Innerspace Dance Theatre and Shay Kuebler. Organized every two years by The Dance Centre, BC’s resource centre for dance, Dance In Vancouver is unique for its concentrated focus on promoting the province’s contemporary dance talent, not only to local audiences, but also to dance presenters who come from around the world to sample West Coast dance.
|Festival Dates||November 20 - 23, 2013|
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811
Participant registration 2013:
- Register for the 9th edition of Dance In Vancouver, taking place November 20-23. This biennial event (odd numbered years) began in 1997 and has established itself as a chance for presenters from across North America and around the world to view the eclectic contemporary dance of Canada’s West Coast, and to sample a distinctive artistic milieu.
- Dance In Vancouver offers a carefully structured and intensive program with:
- mainstage performances featuring some of the West Coast’s most exciting and innovative artists
- informal studio presentations
- moderated round table discussions where presenters and artists can network and exchange information and experiences
- It provides a forum in which to explore the potential for future collaborations with Western Canadian dance artists and organizations, and to learn about an upcoming new generation of choreographers as well as to see established artists who practise in BC. Dance In Vancouver seeks to engage in dialogue around residencies, creativity and community engagement, and we hope you will join us and contribute to these dialogues.
- This edition’s curator is Jeanne Holmes, Artistic Producer of the Canada Dance Festival. We are also excited to be hosting a major gathering of Canadian presenters from the CanDance Network, Made in BC - Dance on Tour, Ontario Presenting Network, La danse sur les routes du Québec, and the Atlantic Presenters Association, offering a chance for you to connect with a veritable who’s who of Canadian dance presenters!
- Finally we have a limited number of complimentary hotel rooms courtesy of our hotel sponsor the Holiday Inn Vancouver Downtown, available on a first-come, first-served basis for presenters travelling from outside of BC, so I encourage you to register early to take advantage of this opportunity.
- Register Now
- If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me — Mirna Zagar at email@example.com