Darling Harbour Hoopla
Photos © Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority
Click on any image to zoom in
|Country and Region||Australia — New South Wales|
|Type of Festival||Dance, Drama, Music|
|Location of Festival||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Festival Contact Information|
Darling Harbour Hoopla
HOOPLA – Australia’s biggest circus, sideshow and street theatre festival will arrive in Darling Harbour just in time for Easter! Step right up to an amazing long weekend of heart-stopping circus stunts, eye-popping aerial feats, sensational sideshow artists, incredible acrobats, side-splitting comedy capers, jaw-dropping jugglers, outrageous daredevils, spectacular sword swallowers and more... Presented by Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority, HOOPLA Festival will run all Easter long weekend, with daytime performances from 12pm–6pm and night time shows from 6pm–10pm. The whole family will delight in this exciting festival featuring phenomenal circus and street theatre shows, an International Busker’s Pitch, a Kids’ Circus Playground, and fringe-flavoured performances in the Big Top circus tent in the evenings.
|Festival Dates||March 29 - April 1, 2013|
Highlighted programming 2013:
- Presented by Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority, HOOPLA promises four fun-filled days of incredible acrobatics, madcap antics, heart-stopping circus stunts, breathtaking aerial feats, side-splitting comedy capers, jaw-dropping jugglers, and some things that just have to be seen to be believed! Below are just some of the many weird and wonderful attractions coming to Darling Harbour for HOOPLA over the Easter long weekend, so mark it in your diaries and get ready for a spectacular, hilarious circus and street theatre extravaganza!
- Kid’s Circus Playground
- With performances across every day of the Easter long weekend (12pm–8pm from Fri 29 to Sun 31 March and 12pm–5pm on Mon 1 April), everyone can delight in an exciting program of entertainment featuring phenomenal circus shows, street performances, a Kid’s Circus Playground, and fringe-flavoured theatrics.
- Big Top
- Roll up to the Big Top and get your ticket to one of the hottest shows in town with weird and wonderful performances by some of the best street artists and circus groups in Australia.
- Solid State Circus and Full Cream Circus
- The spectacular gravity-defying acrobatics of Solid State Circus and the gritty but delectable antics of Full Cream Circus (Big Top tickets $10-$20).
- Tiny Top
- Make your way to the Tiny Top for an entertaining mix of short, sharp sideshow acts from around the globe in a vibrant, popcorn-scented atmosphere. You’ll be amused and amazed as Tiny Top performers such as self-confessed genie, Ruby Rubberlegs, perform feats of magic and dazzling displays of skill and daring (Tiny Top tickets $5).
- Castello, a mini-theatre tent
- Pop into the Castello, packed with quirky, magical and sometimes just plain silly comedy acts that are guaranteed to have you in stitches (Castello tickets $5)!
- FREE performances
- A host of FREE performances will have Darling Harbour abuzz with tears of laughter and gasps of amazement, including the incredible aerial stunts of Ireland’s Tumble Circus and the strangely fascinating giant Human Body Parts from The Snuff Puppets, a playful exploration of the human form that will have adults and kids alike going crazy for their disembodied weirdness - tickle a toe, high-five the hand or stare off with the giant eye!
- International Street Performers Pitch
- Head to the International Street Performers Pitch to be thoroughly entertained by some of the world’s most acclaimed street artists including award-winning Canadian comic Sharon Mahoney, who slips seamlessly between her typically-affable Canadian self and her madcap alter ego, the one-and-only Miss Tallulah!
- The CircusWorks – Circus Playground
- A non-stop kid’s fun zone! The little ones can run away with the circus and try their hand at juggling, spinning plates, walking on handheld stilts and hula hooping with the guidance of circus experts.
KadmusArts on Facebook:
- Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at http://www.facebook.com/pages/KadmusArts/17962154811