Innsbruck Summer Dance (Tanzsommer Innsbrucker)

Summary Info Festival Story Not AvailableFestival Events Not AvailableOther SourcesPractical Info

Country and Region AustriaTyrol
Type of Festival Dance
Location of Festival Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria
Festival Contact Information

Tanzsommer Innsbrucker
Burggraben 3
6020 Innsbruck
Phone: (43) 512-5615-61
Fax: (43) 512-5776-77, Ext. 30

Festival Description

The annual Innsbrucker Tanzsommer celebrates its 16th anniversary in 2010. It’s a wonderful reason to celebrate since in the meantime Tanzsommer has become the most visited dance festival in Austria and annually had the most famous companies of the world as its guests. When in 1995 for the first time at the Innsbruck Congress the number of performances took place under the title “International Innsbruck Dance Summer,” the idea was received with the portion of scepticism. However already during the first year welcomed thousands of the visitors at Tanzsommer. Consequently the demand has built up and increased. In 1999 the workshop part was carried out in addition to Stage Program. Today Tanzsommer is based on four pillars: Stage Program – venues include Dogana and Tirol State Theater Stage Program for children and youth—"Stars of Tomorrow“ Workshop Program for children and youth Workshop Program for the beginners and advanced dancers. Tanzsommer 2003 had more than 30,000 visitors: about 70% of those visitors are female, average age is aout 35. Approximately 70% of all visitors come from Innsbruck and Tirol. The rest 30% largely come from the neighboring lands Salzburg and Vorarlberg as well as Bavaria and South Tirol.

Festival Dates June 17 - July 17, 2013
Festival Links

Other Sources:

Want more? Click on a color — travel and explore.  

KadmusArts on Facebook:
  • Like KadmusArts on Facebook — we are your gateway to interact with the global community of festival fans, artist and organizers. Please share your comments and experiences in regard to this festival at


Practical Info:

  • Phone: (43) 512-5776-77


Do you have an update or more information about this festival? Email us at
Start or join a conversation about this festival in the Forum.