The Alexandria Contemporary Dance Space
|Country and Region||Egypt — Alexandria|
|Type of Festival||Dance|
|Location of Festival||Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt|
|Festival Contact Information|
Bibliotheca Alexandrina – Arts Center
To mark the fifth anniversary of the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, the Arts Center has the pleasure to announce the international event for contemporary dance. This is in the context of the international summer festival that also takes place in Alexandria.
|Festival Dates||July 19 - 25, 2007|
Information and conditions of participations:
- Group size
- The Library will cover a theatre group of maximum 6 persons. Any additional participants will have to cover their own expenses; however, the Library can book their hotel rooms with a special rate and provide them with free tickets to attend the event along with the guests’ special privileges.
- The organizers will pay accommodation on “bed and breakfast” basis and a per diem of 100 Egyptian pounds for maximum 7 days. Local transportation (from and to the airport) will be provided for the participants according to flight schedules.
- Air tickets and Fees should be arranged by the participants.
- Arabic and English are the working languages. One of those languages should be spoken fluently; otherwise at least one person with an adequate language command should be present.
- We are currently applying to our sponsors to provide artists with insurance.
- A video recording/CD/DVD of the suggested performance must be sent so that the jury can decide the accepted performances. Theatre groups are encouraged to send any additional relevant material, such as photos, press criticism, …etc. The material, including videotapes, is not returnable.
- Guests (non-Egyptians living abroad)
- Guests who would like to attend the event will have to cover their own expenses. However, the Library can book their hotel rooms with a special rate and provide them with free tickets to attend the event along with the guests’ special privileges.
Application and information:
- Contact: Reem Kassem
- By phone
+203 4839999 (Extension 1965)
- By fax
- By email